My Warmoth SG

Jon

Well, I got this about two weeks ago, but still, haven't gotten very far.  It's a showcase body, flame maple on mahogany, with red dye, black burst over finish.
3057278895_68bbbc400a.jpg

And I got this showcase neck a few days ago, ebony on birdseye maple, R4 floyd nut prep, gloss finish, 25 1/2" scale.
3057279649_81f6f9c7f6.jpg

3057279481_15c17e8ea5.jpg

I'm thinking black/red Seymour Duncans, with silver hardware.  Something like this...
3058116240_50f7188688.jpg
  (sorry, not a very impressive photo shop program)
Anyway, I am very excited to finish this project, but it's still going to be a while (hoping for most of the rest of it for the holidays!).  Well, thanks for looking!

and according to the Warmoth logo it's a Lefty, except fer the knobs :laughing7: :icon_scratch: :hello2:

kreig said:
and according to the Warmoth logo it's a Lefty, except fer the knobs :laughing7: :icon_scratch: :hello2:
:laughing7:  no....just didn't feel like writing (drawing) upside down....
Xplorervoodoo said:
The thing that kills it for me is the floyd.

Otherwise, it looks like an AMAZING build  :icon_thumright:
The ability to have a floyd was on of the reasons I got this body.  SG+floyd=awsome to me  :toothy10:  Oh, and thanks!

Gibson_SG_Custom_021r.jpg

My buddy has this for a SG Whammy :icon_thumright:

I've never seen a floyd on one, good luck.

Very odd to see a Floyd on a SG, but it works well with the body style, pup option is even odder looking, but it all fits.. :icon_thumright:

Xplorervoodoo said:
Kublai said:
I don't know my whammies. What does Tony Iommi use on his SG?

Iommi's SG is a hardtail.

he's used whammies before - check out this moldy oldie - starting at 2:14 - - not sure what type itt is though...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBi7XvJKlMo

Gibby SG's have perhaps the 2nd best neck access there is, second only to the V.  I love both o'mine~  SGs and P90s are a match made in heaven....

I have a quick question... What is the hole drilled from the neck pocket to the top pickup for?  I (think I) remember finding an answer before, but forgot it, and can't find where (/if) I had found it...

It's so you can put the wires through to the bridge pup, then the control cavity. They have to drill it through the neck pocket because you can't fit a drill in a pup cavity.

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
It's so you can put the wires through to the bridge pup, then the control cavity. They have to drill it through the neck pocket because you can't fit a drill in a pup cavity.
Oh right, that makes sense.  Thanks  :icon_thumright:

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
Wanna is correct, if it's a one piece body they would have to drill thru some unusual places to create access for wires. But most other guitar makers usually plug the extra holes.

Back