My Warmoth SG

DangerousR6 said:
Very odd to see a Floyd on a SG, but it works well with the body style, pup option is even odder looking, but it all fits..

The only thing stranger is a Tele with a Floyd and Humbuckers.  Oh wait....

Sorry Doug, I couldn't resist.  (lol)

Yay for floyds where they dont (traditionally) belong, as for me i think every good guitar deserves the privilege of having one, btw I love it man looks like it'll be a winner be sure to post the finished product pix.

stratplayer1 said:
the suspense to see this finished is killing me
Well....it's a slow but steady process so far....  Just got the red/black Invader in the mail today, and ordering the other two a little later today.  However...they're all holiday gifts so I won't have 'em for a little bit still.  Shouldn't be too long into the new year that I'll have it finished though!  :toothy10:

something about trems send shivers down my spine

why does everything have to come at the cost of tuning stability?!

imminentG said:

I have plenty of axes with Floyds and I have no tuning stability problems... :dontknow:

hell I've got a couple guitars with stop tail bridges that don't stay in tune as good as the one's with Floyds...

DangerousR6 said:
imminentG said:

I have plenty of axes with Floyds and I have no tuning stability problems... :dontknow:

hell I've got a couple guitars with stop tail bridges that don't stay in tune as good as the one's with Floyds...
The only thing wrong with floyds is that you can't go from drop c to drop b like you can with a stop tail, it takes a little while to set it.

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
The only thing wrong with floyds is that you can't go from drop c to drop b like you can with a stop tail, it takes a little while to set it.

That's always been a gripe of mine too.  No it hasn't. 

But seriously, most "drop" tunings go a whole step.  E to D, D to C, but C to B is a 1/2 step.  Why?

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:

That's always been a gripe of mine too.  No it hasn't. 

But seriously, most "drop" tunings go a whole step.  E to D, D to C, but C to B is a 1/2 step.  Why?
cause seven eight nine..... :dontknow:

There is a B# and Cb. B# is just the same as C, and Cb same as B. It can be annoying to sightread music with stuff like that...

I really don't understand the question.  It's like saying, how come a G is played on the third fret instead of the fourth?  That's just how it is, G is 3 half-steps above E, and B is a half step below C.  You can drop it a whole step if you like but then you're playing in drop Bb.

I getting gray hairs.  Wana's original post was something too the effect of, "you can't go from drop C to drop B easily with a Floyd."  I replied most "drop" tunings are a whole step, not half.  That's it.  It turned into there's no C flat or B sharp, just an equivocation.

Okay, well, I'm stuck at home for a little while due to a broken collarbone, so I figured I would take some pics of where it is at now.

3252267262_707b73d3e6.jpg

It's almost done, and I should be ordering the rest of it tonight or tomorrow.

Back