My scratch build(s) - no Warmoth content

recessedcontrols.jpg

:guitarplayer2:

Thanks, guys.
Lots of things I'd do differently/better next time but [blowing own trumpet] not too bad for my first effort [/blowing own trumpet], although bit of a 'six yard guitar' - don't look too closely!
Going to work on the headstock next then start lacquering.

The nice thing about building your own from scratch, is learning what you'd do different next time. So I bet your already looking forward to next time?

Looks good keep going...

Thanks all.
Well, it's finished.
A few issues with buzzing frets on the ebay-find neck so will farm it out to my guitar tech contact to do a proper set up but acoustically it's loud (tone chambers) and plugged in it sounds stunning - Swineshead Runaway pickups (www.swinesheadpickups.co.uk handmade on real ebony bobbins. Might have to buy some for myself...
Really pleased with (most of) it and almost sorry to be giving it away to my bro' for his 40th. Ah well, a Mahogany/QM explorer with a Kahler next and something with walnut, some heavy carving and a sustainer after that. Perhaps. Can't recommend building your own body highly enough; I've thoroughly enjoyed 'working the wood'.

finished.jpg

Looks bad ass, but can you take some pictures from any other angle, my neck hurts..... :laughing11:

Back