My pickup selector is driving me nuts...

Mapleg4

I have an EMG BTC System as a volume/pickup selector/eq on my bass: http://emginc.com/displayproducts.asp?section=Accessories&categoryid=33&catalogid=137
The problem/pain in the ass is that the pickup selector for some weird reason is in front of the volume knob. I constantly turn over to the bridge pickup when I'm really supposed to turn down the volume. I knew of this when I got this system and tried to get the guy who installed my pickups and eq to put the volume in front of the selector, but to no success. Is it possible to move the volume knob in front of the pickup selector?
My next G4's are only going to have a volume knob and an eq. I actually prefer that eq to the bass eq knob on the bass amp as it gives more of a low mid boost.

There doesn't seem to be any reason I can see that would stop you from moving the controls around.  Some of the leads might need to be lengthened, but its tough to tell without seeing the cavity.

Blue313 said:
There doesn't seem to be any reason I can see that would stop you from moving the controls around.  Some of the leads might need to be lengthened, but its tough to tell without seeing the cavity.

Well, I agree on the wiring thing, but judging by the product data sheet, the wires would have to be lenghtened, yes.
I suppose this stuff was originally made for for example Spector basses that has a triangle control pattern.

It's just a cleaner wiring job to have the pup selector first, because that's where the wires from the pickups go to first.

Back