Block Inlay
Cream Binding Standard Thin contour
1 11/16" Nut Width
Compound Radius
Stainless Steel 6105 Frets
Schaller Locking Tuners w/Hipshot string de-tuner
White Corian Nut
Sounds just like a great traditional Paul. Big and full with massive
sustain. My first Warmoth try and a huge success! It's on stage with me every weekend.

Wow, that's awesome, I wonder what that would look like with one of the new metal Warmoth logos on it?  Pretty cool I would think...

The guitar is soooo sweet Gregg and that logo is kill'n. Wonder where I can get my RoseW logo in gold metal like that?  :laughing7:

Did you have your pickguard made for you or reshape a regular Gibson guard yourself? I need a pickguard that will fit the Warmoth carved top body to use as a template for one I'm having made in ebony. 

Midirose said:
The guitar is soooo sweet Gregg and that logo is kill'n. Wonder where I can get my RoseW logo in gold metal like that?   :laughing7:
If you want 3000 of them I can refer you. A smaller quantity would be a problem.

admin_4 said:
Did you have your pickguard made for you or reshape a regular Gibson guard yourself? I need a pickguard that will fit the Warmoth carved top body to use as a template for one I'm having made in ebony. 
I did use a regular Gibson Guard and had to sand a little on it to get a good fit.

Gregg, where did you find the 3-hole "Custom" truss rod cover?  That's exactly what I'm looking for for my new LP!

I don't know if this is what Gregg did, but I just bought a Gibson cover and the shop cut off the bottom and drilled holes.  I would have preferred they clip the ring for the screw and leave a little showing, but what they did works.

dbw said:
Gregg, where did you find the 3-hole "Custom" truss rod cover?  That's exactly what I'm looking for for my new LP!

http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/covers_genuinegibsontruss.htm

Lucky #7 said:
I don't know if this is what Gregg did, but I just bought a Gibson cover and the shop cut off the bottom and drilled holes.  I would have preferred they clip the ring for the screw and leave a little showing, but what they did works.

Yes, that is what I did!

Got it, thanks.  I'm thinking about attempting to make a "plug" out of some sort of wood that fits into the truss rod slot.  After I get the neck, I'll stop by Woodcraft and see if they have any goodies that might fit the bill.  I can always fall back on the trimmed Gibson cover.  :guitaristgif:

I don't know that you really have to trim it.  Like I said in my other post, I wanted them to just cut off the ring for the screw at the bottom and drill two holes.  I knew it would leave some space open, but I would have rathered they done it that way.

Gregg said:
Midirose said:
The guitar is soooo sweet Gregg and that logo is kill'n. Wonder where I can get my RoseW logo in gold metal like that?   :laughing7:
If you want 3000 of them I can refer you. A smaller quantity would be a problem.

Ok a bit late but hahahahahahahahahahaha. And also that's sweet, the extra black on that looks great!

What part do you have to trim exactly on the pickguard? I'm not sure to understand what you mean when you say "the bottom part"...
I want to order mine from stewmac, it's half price compared to the Gibson one.

Also, do I need a special tool for the job?
thanks

fourdogslong said:
What part do you have to trim exactly on the pickguard? I'm not sure to understand what you mean when you say "the bottom part"...

thanks
I think I ordered my guard and hardware from WD music products....I think. It's been a few years now. I just used a box cutter and sand paper make the guard fit around the pickup mounting rings better. I was just contemplating pulling this guitar out of retirement....then this old thread pops up...hmmmm

If you ever felt like sending the guitar to a retirement home, I know a place that would be happy to take it!

Gregg said:
fourdogslong said:

thanks
I think I ordered my guard and hardware from WD music products....I think. It's been a few years now. I just used a box cutter and sand paper make the guard fit around the pickup mounting rings better. I was just contemplating pulling this guitar out of retirement....then this old thread pops up...hmmmm

Ok thanks, seems easy enought.

Back