My Next Build (Piece by Piece) a.k.a. "Blitzkrieg"

Xplorervoodoo

Hey guys, I'm bored, so I figured I'd lay down what I've got planned for my next build!

Here's the specs I've come up with.  The plan is to make this sort of a checklist, and update the list as I get the parts.

Body:

Warmoth V (Gibson Style)
Swamp Ash
Rear Routed (1 volume, 1 Tone, 2-way switch - may drill these myself)
HxH pickup routing
Recessed TOM routing with staggered string thru
Routed for a single battery box (if possible)

I may omit the jack hole, I'd really like to have a recessed strat-style jack plate on the inner part of the lower wing...

Alpine White finish

Neck:

Warmoth 24 3/4 conversion neck - Warmoth headstock
1 11/16 nut width, precut and installed graphite
Fat back contour
SS6105 Frets
Drilled for PW tuners

Iron Cross inlay *5th Fret only*  <--  Hopefully they can still do the iron cross inlay

Wenge neck, Ziricote fretboard (possibly a unique choice board)

Parts:

EMG 60 (White Cover - Neck) - *ALREADY HAVE*
EMG 81 (White Cover - Bridge) - *ALREADY HAVE*
Black hardware - Gotoh TOM, PW Tuners, string ferrules, jackplate and screws
Ebony pickup rings *ALREADY HAVE*
Custom TRC *ALREADY HAVE*
Custom control knobs *ALREADY HAVE*

I'll post pictures from time to time as I get the parts in.  Cheers guys, lemme know what you think!

Maybe this'll help, GD.

Washburn's Greg Tribbet (Mudvayne) signature model.  I actually got the idea from ESP's Michael Amott V, but since then Schecter and Washburn both have similar models.

Oh didn't see the Warmoth Head comment, was on work, looking quickly.. Think the traditional would be way cooler, but it's ok...

Not trying to be a detract of Wenge, but I think I like the feel of Rosewood instead of Wenge... Think it feels more "alive"...
Will the headstock be painted in white?

I kind of dig the concept of a wenge neck here.  The description by Warmoth of "howling mids" is not to be understated.  I have two guitars with wenge necks and this is a distinction both of them share.  It may go very well with your concept.

Sounds like a killer build, that Washburn V looks badass with that headstock. I bet a Warmoth V would look pretty sweet with a Warmoth style headstock... :icon_thumright:

This could be cool... :headbang: :party07:
V-zebra.jpg

Xplorervoodoo said:
Not this time, going for a raw neck, and I liked the idea of wenge.  Not a fan of rosewood, I really don't like the feel.

Matching headstock veneer then! :D

I like that mock-up Dangerous, the zebrawood is kinda busy, but I think it works as a whole.

And what do you mean, Nonsense?  A ziricote veneer?  or white paint on the headstock only?  :dontknow:

Ooookay, last time this came up I said the iron crosses were a Nazi symbol, and everyone was quick to point out that they're used by bikers, too.  But now you're calling the guitar "Blitzkreig"?  What's next, "Endlösung" with reichsadler inlays?

Blitzkrieg is merely a name given to the very fast moving offence used by the Nazis to conquer Europe, more recently the US used the same tactic in Iraq. Just because something is associated with Nazi Germany it isn't always evil that should never be mentioned for fear of upsetting some one (except the VW 'beetle' of course ;)).  :icon_tongue:

Nick Ellingworth said:
Blitzkrieg is merely a name given to the very fast moving offence used by the Nazis to conquer Europe, more recently the US used the same tactic in Iraq. Just because something is associated with Nazi Germany it isn't always evil that should never be mentioned for fear of upsetting some one (except the VW 'beetle' of course ;)).  :icon_tongue:

Thank you.

And dbw, sorry to keep up your suspicions, but it's really more of a coincidence than a fascination with Nazi Germany.  In terms of the iron crosses, I just like the style of cross artistically.  And Blitzkrieg is a nick I've used for years online.  I lived in germany for about 5 years when I was little, and since then, I've wanted to learn the language.  I'm lazy though, so I really haven't picked up much.  But I do know that Blitzkrieg can be translated as "Lightning War" which I think is a fitting name for a V guitar with the "Hetfield" combination of the EMG 60 and 81.

So again, there was no bigotry intended.  Apologies if my choices offended you.  :eek:ccasion14:

Back