My Next Build (Piece by Piece) a.k.a. "Blitzkrieg"

Xplorervoodoo said:
And what do you mean, Nonsense?  A ziricote veneer?  or white paint on the headstock only?  :dontknow:

The paint only in headstock is probably not offered by Warmoth, but would be cool... a Ziricote Veneer would be killer too!  :evil4:

The Iron Cross symbol was/is associated with the German Wehrmacht (German Army) and other branches of the German military, not Nazi Germany.

In fact, the Iron Cross was around well before Hitler came to power.

It was also a military award; with various additions for higher prestige.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_cross

OTOH, the symbol universally known to be associated with Nazi Germany is the swastika.

Nick Ellingworth said:
Blitzkrieg is merely a name given to the very fast moving offence used by the Nazis to conquer Europe, more recently the US used the same tactic in Iraq. Just because something is associated with Nazi Germany it isn't always evil that should never be mentioned for fear of upsetting some one (except the VW 'beetle' of course ;)).  :icon_tongue:
What's wrong with VW's?  They are one of the most brilliantly engineered cars ever, and not to mention the father of Porsche.. And last I checked it was still number one on the list of most produced vehicle in the world. 1938-2003, something like 21.5 million produced..Yes I love the Beetle...

Xplorervoodoo said:
I like that mock-up Dangerous, the zebrawood is kinda busy, but I think it works as a whole.

And what do you mean, Nonsense?  A ziricote veneer?  or white paint on the headstock only?  :dontknow:
Thanks Xplorer, ya the zebra is kinda busy, but looks cool... :icon_biggrin:

DangerousR6 said:
Nick Ellingworth said:
Blitzkrieg is merely a name given to the very fast moving offence used by the Nazis to conquer Europe, more recently the US used the same tactic in Iraq. Just because something is associated with Nazi Germany it isn't always evil that should never be mentioned for fear of upsetting some one (except the VW 'beetle' of course ;)).  :icon_tongue:
What's wrong with VW's?  They are one of the most brilliantly engineered cars ever, and not to mention the father of Porsche.. And last I checked it was still number one on the list of most produced vehicle in the world. 1938-2003, something like 21.5 million produced..Yes I love the Beetle...

I just don't like them.

I'd love to, but the body and neck are going to be the most expensive parts of this build, so they will likely be ordered last.  Sorry man!

Back