MY NEW G4!!

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
Mapleg4 said:
The only problem is that this is a guitar top. They haven't made any of this version for basses yet, according to other members here, it's too short to be put on a bass.
There'll be one hopefully, what shape are you going for though? i like the Z shape and Gecko, also the T'bird and SG are cool. The P or J basses don't appeal to me all that much unless they have a stunning wood on it.

G4 of cause.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zz4tnxjzjuj

A short clip of Metallica's "The Unforgiven", just to showcase my clean sound. I've finally got my bass pod xt to work properly.

Looks great! It's nice to see another all black bass!
Newsted on the black album had the killer tone i go for with the pick.
Of course then there's Tom!
:kewlpics:

MUYFUE said:
Looks great! It's nice to see another all black bass!
Newsted on the black album had the killer tone i go for with the pick.
Of course then there's Tom!
:kewlpics:

it's actually inspired by the Alembics he had at the time, and by his tone on that album wich I love. He also used a lot of other basses on that album and I don't know if his Alembics or his Spectors were of Maple, but it's still very much inspired by Newsted.

Newsted Rules!
I'm not sure at all what the Alembics were made of. I'm pretty sure the Spectors were maple though.
I like all the basses he played on that tour. I like your's though 'cause it's not a straight copy of his bass. You've made it your own style. very cool.  :glasses9:

MUYFUE said:
Newsted Rules!
I'm not sure at all what the Alembics were made of. I'm pretty sure the Spectors were maple though.
I like all the basses he played on that tour. I like your's though 'cause it's not a straight copy of his bass. You've made it your own style. very cool.  :glasses9:

Thanks!

Just wanted to add that this bass sounds amazing, now that I've finally gotten my rig and my recording setup (a BassPodxt on an Ampeg Classic setting). :headbang: It's heavy, but I have no problem with the weight. I tried a Epi LP Standard in a store today, and it was heavier. I feel bad for the tiny 15-year olds that get that guitar... :sad1:
I have an EMG BTC bass boost on it, but I only use it when recording. I have a clean tone that sounds like a Rickenbacker 4003 or an upright, an octave setting and two light distortion sounds. On the pod I use a Boss Octave pedal patch to get a sound one octave lower and I also have a newer Boss Octave pedal on my board. I use a Sansamp patch on the Pod for my 2 distortion sounds and a MXR M-80 for eq and a more scooped-out heavier distortion and an Boss ODB-3 for a little more midrange and a little lighter distortion. As I said, I can sound like an upright and I can even play heavy and dark, but yet very clear minor chords on it and power chords sound incredible!
I think that the midrange is a thing not all people like in an Maple-bodied bass. I like it, I like the Rickenbacker sound and I can still use whatever gear i like for shaping the sound the way I want it.
I'm working on some new recording samples for you. :headbang:

Back