My Nashville Build

:bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar:  The anticipation begins anew  :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar:

Current Event In Transit 10/30/2018 3:20 A.M. Redmond, WA, United States
Past Event Shipped 10/29/2018 10:00 P.M. Fife, WA, United States

Scheduled Delivery
Monday
11/05/2018

4 weeks to ship a custom neck, that's great news. I just place an order the other day, hope it goes just as quickly! Don't forget to post pix when your's arrives.  :icon_thumright:

What I get a kick out of  :laughing8: is that I live in a mail delivery anomaly  :help:.  According to the UPS maps I live in the most remote part of the Continental USA from the mothership.  It's quicker to send things to England than to me.  :doh: Which is kind of weird because I go around thinking I live at the center of the universe. :bananaguitar:

I'm really looking forward to that neck. :turtle:

53622831.jpg

I know it takes longer for me to get stuff here in Michigan from Warmoth than it does for the guys in Europe and Australia. I think UPS has a mule train running between here and Pulyallup that they can't use to go overseas. Because, you know, the water thing.

For the uninitiated ...
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ4z0QhD92Y[/youtube]

If you haven't seen the movie you should, some of the best bluegrass, and a retelling of the Odyssey set in the American South during the depression.  Basically, a story about a guy trying to get home.  Sometimes, I feel like Ulysses.

In Transit 11/02/2018 6:16 A.M. Hodgkins, IL, United States Departure Scan

Arrived in good condition.  Will be a couple of days before I have time to assemble, fiddle with the truss rod etc ... but I wanted to post some pics.  It is beautiful! 

I don't know if it's intentional or not, but it's quartersawn!  The figuring is excellent and I believe some burnishing will bring out chatoyance.

I don't think the pics do it justice. :turtle:

All I can say is WOW :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar: :bananaguitar:

More pics when work allows.

PS  I think I'm going to love the Wolfgang profile.

Pss I don't know whose in charge of necks, but the matching of the rosewood to the Goncalo is excellent.  Thank you. :yourock:

Attachments

• Nashville Back Neck and Body.jpg
    Nashville Back Neck and Body.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Nashville Quarter Sawn.jpg
    Nashville Quarter Sawn.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Nashville Front1.jpg
    Nashville Front1.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 39
Looks like a match made in... Puyallup! Those should make a fine guitar. Congrats.

Rgand said:
Looks like a match made in... Puyallup! Those should make a fine guitar. Congrats.
Couldn't agree more, that's a fine looking pairing, gonna be a beautiful guitar!

Attached the strap lock.  Note the felt.

Attachments

• Dunlop Strap Holder with Felt Ringa.jpg
    Dunlop Strap Holder with Felt Ringa.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 26
Installed Ferrules

Attachments

• Ferrules Installed..jpg
    Ferrules Installed..jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 17
Installed the other strap lock.

Attachments

• Strap Lock Horn.jpg
    Strap Lock Horn.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 16
Installed Jack Plate.  Note the felt.

Attachments

• jack plate with felt.jpg
    jack plate with felt.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 35
Installed Tuners.  They turn pretty good, and the polished chrome looks great nice and shiney.

Attachments

• Hipshot Tuner Installed.jpg
    Hipshot Tuner Installed.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Hipshot reach nut and ump plate.jpg
    Hipshot reach nut and ump plate.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Hipshot Tuning Knobs.jpg
    Hipshot Tuning Knobs.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 20
Those barrel knobs do look good. I put them on a friend's guitar. He really likes them.

Plus, they'll match the Vol and Ton knobs, which are chrome barrels.

I put those kind of knobs on my Super-Sonic. I find it much easier to tune since having knobs pointing down (reversed headstock) can be difficult to turn.

150956016801313500_resized.jpg

Made the control cavity a little bigger to fit my wiring harness.  Tested to see if I could pull the wires through, looks like I'll need to add some length to the strat pup.  Used a dremel tool.

Attachments

• nashville control expansion.jpg
    nashville control expansion.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 89
Back