My Nashville Build

More parts
Gotoh BS-TC1S Cut down sides in-tune bridge $48

Attachments

• bridge.jpg
    bridge.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 7
Dunlop Dual Design strap lock button $5.79.  I have the strap side already, and use only the lock on the horn rather than the butt.

Attachments

• dunlop.jpg
    dunlop.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 5
That's the same bridge I used on my last one. I like it a lot. :icon_thumright:

I've never had the butt let go, usually the horn. I went with the D'addario oval buttons instead of locks. The schaller's aren't too bulky, but I like the idea of T or elliptical buttons. We'll see if the practice is as good as the idea.

Slowly accumulating parts ...
This time the jack plate:$5.00 from Chicago Music Exchange

Attachments

• jack plate.jpg
    jack plate.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 7
And it progresses ...
From Sporthitech
The buttons are polished chrome $3.25
The tuners, staggered, open backed, with UMP, polished chrome as well, $52.95
Pics give you an idea

Attachments

• Chrome_1__53724.1345930315.1280.1280.jpg
    Chrome_1__53724.1345930315.1280.1280.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 4J_ez-WrV_mid.jpg
    4J_ez-WrV_mid.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 24
  • front hipshot sk1.jpg
    front hipshot sk1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 19
After I ordered the tuners and buttons, I thought about the neck ... and weirdly it was the easiest guitar buying decision I ever had.  I wanted to match the korina body with the sonic equivalent exotic wood, and that's Goncalo Alves (which looks pretty!); then it was the fretboard choice, and since I like rosewood on korina necks, I decided to go with the rosewood plus: Kingwood.  On all my gits I have steel frets and love the 1 3/4 nut, so that was a no brainer.  Then it was deciding the inlay, and again I like the look of black dots on the Kingwood so that was an easy choice.  Next it was the neck carve, since I want to go a little thinner than the 59 neck, but thicker than standard thin, the choice is Wolfgang.  (Why can't they give it a better name, like the Eddie, anyway ...)  21 frets, because it looks cleaner to me and can remove the pickguard without removing the neck ... graphtech nut because the strings slide easier when tuning.

Then with the colors of this neck I might go with either a black, or vintage pickguard (Did you guys order swatches?  I just did, hope they come soon.  They were free and no shipping charge, I hope I wasn't hallucinating.

Now all I got to do is come up with Do-Re-Mi!  Next post on the build will probably be around Halloween or Veterans day.  Then having it all together by December ... Merry Christmas to me!

Anticipation is making me late, keeping me waiting!

http://www.warmoth.com/Pickguard/TelePickguard.aspx

click on that, and then underneath all the pictures of the various types of pickguard material it says, and I quote:
Click here to request pickguard swatches.  Then just follow the directions.  I had never noticed it before.  I'll post here if it's real.

Very cool. I’ve never seen that before. Unfortunately I won’t be able to take advantage of it, since I’m in Europe.

@Logrinn
It says per customer, so you could have big W send them in c/o of someone here in the usa who could then forward them to you in Europe.  I know sending things to Japan cost like a dollar an ounce, so it can't be more than $2.00 depending on the size of the swatches.  When I get mine I'll post pics and weights so you can decide if you want some.

Here are the swatches.  They look prettier in person; I'm going to have to stew even harder to choose a pickguard.

@ Logrinn
They weigh less than 1.5 ounces.  It would cost me only $2.34 to send it to France, which I heard was in Europe.  Let me know if you're interested and we can PM.

Attachments

• swatch sample pguard.jpg
    swatch sample pguard.jpg
    373.6 KB · Views: 20
Found 8 screws from last build!  Nonetheless I'll call it two dollars.

Attachments

• pickguard screws 8 black.jpg
    pickguard screws 8 black.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 3
Found felt washers for the strap buttons!  Calling it $1.00 for two.

Attachments

• felt washer.jpg
    felt washer.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 3
Had a rethink on the neck.
Still going with the Goncalo Alves neck, but going with rosewood for the fretboard.  Here's the logic:  I've played gits and really liked, guitars that are all Korina with rosewood fretboards.  (They were reverends)  According to Warmoth, Goncalo Alves is the sonic exotic wood equivalent of Korina.  Rosewood is the sonic equivalent of rosewood (duh!) (and not Kingwood.)

I saw some posts about how Goncalo Alves is a mismatch for rosewood due to it's density, but I looked it up and it's actually a pretty good match for rosewood and actually, in terms of density closer to rosewood, than Korina, so ... at least for now, that's where I'm going.  Only have $100 saved up so I still have a ways to go.

Saw a rosewood / bird's eye maple neck in the showcase.  It gave me GAS, must resist ... stick to plan.  Ugh.  Thank goodness I don't have the the money yet, but in two weeks probably will.

The showcase is like being a child in a candy shop, where to begin ...

I feel like this guy  :bananaguitar:

I used to subscribe to the RSS feed until my credit cards ganged up and threatened to smother me in my sleep. Every day, dozens of beautiful necks showing up right in my email, mewling and crying for somebody to love them and take care of them. Not fair.

Finally ordered the neck.  According to the order page it will take 4 to 5 weeks to make the neck, and between 1 to 6 days to get to me.  I live in the logistically farthest place from the mother ship than any place else in the USA.  So that means at the earliest halloween, or about November 12. 

I feel this strange sense of relief getting this out of my system.  Everyday I was daydreaming about the neck, for months and months.  I'm glad this phase is over with.  It's like what Oscar Wilde said about the only way get rid of temptation  :evil4: is to yield to it, or in this case, the urge to buy a neck.

I know I'm going to have to fiddle with the pickguard, but I think it will be better fit than the one from 920D.  Not that there was anything wrong with it, but the Warmoth should be better and satisfy my OCD.

Total $379.64

CUSTOMNECK
Serial Number: CN38036
Style: Telecaster®
Construction: Modern Construction $157.00
Scale: 25-1/2"
Orientation: Right Handed
Neck Wood: Goncalo Alves $80.00
Fingerboard Wood: Indian Rosewood (Dark) $25.00
Nut Width: 1-3/4"
Back Shape: Wolfgang $35.00
Fret Size: SS6105 (Stainless) $20.00