My Latest thing

:icon_biggrin:
Paisleytele2.jpg

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
OH MY GOD!

Dangerous, you have sinned your own religion by breaking the one any only commandment. FLOYD IT!
Well I figured I'd meet mayfly halfway and go with a string thru... :dontknow:

DangerousR6 said:
Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
OH MY GOD!

Dangerous, you have sinned your own religion by breaking the one any only commandment. FLOYD IT!
Well I figured I'd meet mayfly halfway and go with a string thru... :dontknow:
Heh Heh Heh, Good Idea, I didn't much like the black floyd and paisley finish.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
A left-handed Floyd, SRV style but with a Floyd.  BTW, not to instigate or promote a thread hi-jack, but did SRV ever play a Tele?
Never seen him play a tele, but he did play several gigs with The Fabulous Thunderbirds and was using a DanElectro Long Horn..

Blue313 said:
DangerousR6 said:
Paisleytele2.jpg
I'd still go with the solid raw neck with no peghead veneer, but thats not bad at all.   :icon_thumright:
I thought the headstock was a nice touch, plus I'd like to try out that pick up combo. A Little '59 at the neck and 2 Little 59's together as a hum... :icon_biggrin:

"Jimbo" was his very first electric.  It was a Nocaster.

http://www.habcomedia.com/srvjimbo/About.html

DangerousR6 said:
Blue313 said:
DangerousR6 said:
Paisleytele2.jpg
I'd still go with the solid raw neck with no peghead veneer, but thats not bad at all.   :icon_thumright:
I thought the headstock was a nice touch, plus I'd like to try out that pick up combo. A Little '59 at the neck and 2 Little 59's together as a hum... :icon_biggrin:
Definitely, but the font size makes it overpower the paisley. 

The 59's combo explains the switching system you put in there.  Whats the plan?

Ya, it is rather large. but I did the DIY headstock and used a pic of the neckplate I cut, and couldn't get it any smaller and keep it all black.

Not sure what the plan would be, never done that before. Could be rather interesting tho... :icon_biggrin:

Blue313 said:
"Jimbo" was his very first electric.  It was a Nocaster.

http://www.habcomedia.com/srvjimbo/About.html

That's interesting.  Did he have a fondness for it because it was his first or because it was a Tele?  Makes me wonder why he wasn't seen playing other Teles.

Back