My latest Strat project.

Dr Zoidberg

For my latest build I decided to go with a custom paintjob. Body is a Hardtail swamp ash routed for humbuckers and the neck is flamed maple.
The body will be finished in nitrocellulose. Ive posted some rough sketches to show placement on body for the artwork and to give a rough idea of colours, it will probably change a bit as it's done. I appreciate this won't be most peoples cup of tea but it's just something a bit different.

Hardware.
American Hardtail bridge.
CTS 500K pots with bumblebee capacitors.
Seymour Duncan 59 Humbucker set.

The Body.

picture016th0.jpg

picture017hx7.jpg

The Sketches.

sketch1lz5.jpg

sketch2ig0.jpg

futsketch2yg9.jpg

Forgot to add that the sketch of Bender [the robot] has been changed to him smoking a cigar in one hand and a drink in the other as it looked a bit odd in my orginal drawing. The main input came from my 6 year old daughter who is obsessed with the programme and wants to learn guitar.

Now THIS is what building guitars is ALL about !!!
From concept to reality .
Good luck , and I can hardly wait to see the finished result !

:eek:ccasion14:

News everyone, that guitar is splendid.......

......and Hermies says you've all been reclassified as slave laborers.

I don't watch a lot of T.V., buuuut.  My kids have watched the Simpsons and Futurama with me literally since they were babies.  I think it has made them smarter.  Love this concept.  Can't wait to see it finished.

Wow..... :eek:, never cared for Futurama but it looks like it's gonna be kick ass...
DocNrock said:
Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
That will be as sleek as a green snake running from a cane field.

You Texans have the greatest similes.
Yes we do.....An for the record......GO COWBOYS

DocNrock said:
That will be as sleek as a green snake running from a cane field.

You Texans have the greatest similes.

It's a Futurama reference.

Ah, I've watched the show, but must've missed that reference.  My bad.  Looks like Doug got the complement, though. 

Blue313 said:
Great concept!  Anything special planned on the headstock?

I was going to paint the headstock but i've found someone who can make a decal in the Fender script which will say "Benders Stratocaster" with "Bite my shiny metal Axe" underneath and on the back of headstock instead of "made in USA" it will say "Made in Omericon Persi 7" [another Futurama reference]

Similar to this picture but with the changes in text

4d5a_1.JPG

Those pup rings, are they plastic metal or wood? Looks like wood, if so did you ask warmoth, what are they made out of and what do they cost?

Their made by Allparts [mine are maple],  I got them off the shelf at a local shop, their easy to prep for paint than plastic rings. I can't remember exactly but I think they were 15 pound. Allparts have an online store and their 19 pound on there inc postage.

Back