My first Warmoth project

This is amazing !

What is the body wood please ? Anyone ?

I really think I have to do something like this.

Wow, just heard the sample...Man, not only your guitar is great and sounds good but you can play as well !

Hey guys,

I'm back to answer some questions, sorry it's been so long.  Thanks again for all the kind words  :toothy10:

The body is Alder w/ a maple top.  Warmoth found me a really unique looking one, almost does look like Swamp Ash.  The decals are called water-slide decals.  You might be able to find some interesting ones at a nearby craft store, but the best can be found online.  They're super easy to apply and they come out looking great.  Well worth it.

Thanks for the info on the core wood.

A question for anyone watching this:

How do you think using a chambered padouk with padouk top would effect the tone of a guitar like this?
Imagine everything else being the same except the body being padouk on padouk.
More defined mids ? ... but will I loose to much high presence?

Now how about a wenge on wenge?

Thanks,

Steve

Understood.

I'm thinking Alder with a Wenge top. Wenge just to darken the look and also maybe ( if I'm lucky ) add a tiny bit of mid range.

So if I go with a rear route ( no pick guard ) getting the wires from the saddles into the control cavity is still a bit of a question for me.

I'm guessing the best option is to drill right in front of the bridge plate and then with a long bit - - - drill ( inside of the control cavity ) sideways to meet that?
And instructions for this would be helpful.

Right now I'm imagining drilling 1 hole in front of the high E and also the low E and then connecting them to create a small channel.
( This could get messy ???? )

Instruction would be helpful if anyone can tell me how to do something like this.

That sound sample.... Wow. The bass is incredible, the nylons really pop and shine in that way only nylons can, very articulated, very clean. You've inspired me my friend, I must have one aswell... in due time.  :icon_tongue:

I will NEVER own a classical guitar, but I really like the idea of recording with a nylon strung electric.

My warmoth strat doesn't get alot of playing, because I have been unable to find singlecoils that I like.

What I was thinking before I saw this thread was a nylon strung hardtail strat with the ghost system.

My problem is, do they make nylon strings with ball endings? Also, can I plug straight from my ghost-equipped guitar into a PA? Into a guitar amp?

If anybody could answer my questions, I would really appreciate it.

Paul-less said:
My problem is, do they make nylon strings with ball endings?

No, you have to tie a knot at the end of the string.

Paul-less said:
Also, can I plug straight from my ghost-equipped guitar into a PA? Into a guitar amp?

I'd say straight to the PA or to an acoustic amp would be the best.

Also, get a preamp. Piezo's "work" without a preamp but having it makes it much better.

You have to enter this thing into the next Guitar of The Month contest. Seriously - talk about some unique style

Wow, bumping once again.

Can we see some internal shots of this beauty? I'm curious as to how well everything fits into the strat's cavity.

I understand, however, if she's being modest today....  :doh:

NonsenseTele said:
Marko said:
rockskate4x said:
Great guitar and lovely playing  :icon_thumright:

It's making me think of classical style tele thinilines and superwide necks.

exactly the first thing I thought of!!! :)

Or LP or LPS :)

Or....L5S body....they are nearly hollowed right out.

Excellent recording of the guitar, btw. Gotta ask, how did you do the recording, and what gear was used. Sounds very lush... :blob7:  :blob7:  :blob7: :hello2:  :hello2:  :hello2:

So I've looked at this thread I don't know how many times and admired this body, but this was the first time I listened to the soundclip... HOLY CRAP.  Need a jawdrop smiley, because that's literally what happened.  Like I needed something else to GAS for.. but now I want one.

Back