My first Warmoth order was placed today

hannaugh

Master Member
I'm so freaking excited.  I've been saving and scheming forever, and today I finally got to place my order.  Here's what I'm getting:

Les Paul (hollow)
Black Korina body
Wild Maple DL carved top
Blue burst
Ivoroid binding
Clear gloss on the back
HxH  (I'm going to use Lace pickups because I am doing some work for the Lace family and am bartering for some sweet pups.  Who knows, maybe Don Lace will personally install them for me if I ask him.)

Les Paul conversion scale neck
Birdseye Maple
Rosewood fretboard
Trapezoid inlay
Ivoroid binding
Satin finish with black gloss on the front of the headstock

... so yeah, it's going to be the longest 8-10 weeks ever.  I think after this build I am going to start saving to replace the neck on my old Ibanez to a conversion scale.  I have tiny girl hands, and that scale is so much nicer to play. 

But damn, it's going to be glorious when it arrives. 

Welcome to the board!  That sounds like its going to be a killer build.  I love the blue finishes.  I think the neck will be outstanding with that body.  :icon_thumright:

Cool!  and welcome!

Hmmm - I wonder if it's time I got a blue guitar.  Looking forward to seeing yours - don't forget to post lots of pictures  :eek:ccasion14:

Wow.  8 to 10 weeks. 

My first order is a week from being delivered.  But its an unfinished body.

hannaugh said:
Who knows, maybe Don Lace will personally install them for me if I ask him.
Show him a new unblemished Warmoth guitar all assembled and ready for pickups....I'd be surprised if he said no.

Welcome!

I went with the showcase. I couldn't stand the wait.

Plus, adoption is often a good thing..

Yeah, I think if and when I build a Strat, I will go that route.  I really wanted a blue LP with a Black Korina body though. 

If I ever get around to building a Strat, I hope this one is still available:  http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&start=1&itemNumber=PS2689&menuItem=1&subMenuItem=0&subMenuItem2=0&finish_filter=44

Very unusual too.

With a vintage white pickguard, that would look gorgeous under stage lights...

Yes.  Yes it is.  Especially because it is black korina.

4-6 weeks.  I'm halfway there and it still seems so far away.  Oh well, I got great concert tix on the 18th, so that is something to distract me whilst I wait. 

The order for my new dragonburst was finalized on december 10 and they shipped it january 26.. they're ahead of schedule at the moment.
My body arrived in 7 weeks 6 days.  Still waiting for the neck mind you, but apparently they were mailed at the same time.

i blame customs.

Back