My First Warmoth Delivery! So Happy!

xParallax

Hey all!

Just received my first ever Warmoth order! Exactly 10 weeks and 1 day after ordering, door to door to me in the UK - very impressive.

The most impressive thing about it is below though. Simply faultless. On first inspection, everything is perfect. As expected, craftsmanship is out of this world. See the photos below!

Specs:

Body:
Model: Tele Deluxe
Orientation: Right handed
Scale: 25-1/2"
Wood: Roasted Swamp Ash
Rout: Top Rout
Pickup Rout: Standard Pickup Routing
Bridge: Vintage 6-Hole Tremolo
Jack Rout: 7/8" (22mm) Side Jack Hole
Neck Pocket: Strat® Shape
Mounting Holes: Standard 4 Bolt
Contours: Tummy Cut
F-Holes: None
Binding: White Binding
Top Finish: Clear
Back Finish: Clear
Finish Type: Gloss Finish

Neck:
Style: Stratocaster®
Construction: Modern Construction
Scale: 25-1/2"
Orientation: Right Handed
Neck Wood: Maple
Fingerboard Wood: Indian Rosewood
Nut Width: 1-11/16"
Back Shape: Standard thin
Fret Size: GD6150 (Gold Color)
Tuner Ream: Schaller (25/64")
Radius: 10-16" Compound
Fret #: 22
Mounting Holes: Standard 4 Bolt
Inlays: White Pearloid Blocks
Side Dots: Black Side Dots
Binding: White
String Nut: GraphTech White TUSQ XL - Standard Nut
Finish: Clear Gloss

Pickguard:
Shape: Tele® Deluxe
Orientation: Right Handed
Color: White Pearl
Neck Pickup: Gibson Humbucker
Bridge Pickup: Gibson Humbucker
Control 1: Volume
Control 2: Volume 2
Control 3: Tone
Control 4: Tone 2
Upper Switch: Toggle Hole
Neck Pocket: Strat® Neck Pocket

This thing is gonna be unreal!

Rhys

Attachments

• 1-min.jpg
    1-min.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 224
  • 2-min.jpg
    2-min.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 372
  • 3-min.jpg
    3-min.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 320
  • 4-min.jpg
    4-min.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 275
  • 5-min.jpg
    5-min.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 299
  • 6-min.jpg
    6-min.jpg
    936.8 KB · Views: 271
  • 7-min.jpg
    7-min.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 311
  • 8-min.jpg
    8-min.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 329
  • 9-min.jpg
    9-min.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 428
Wow! I'm not usually one for gold hardware, but that's going to be a looker. Kudos to you for going all out on the options - black korina headstock veneer?

Fat Pete said:
Wow! I'm not usually one for gold hardware, but that's going to be a looker. Kudos to you for going all out on the options - black korina headstock veneer?

I always used to see guitars with gold hardware and think 'yuck - that looks so tacky'. Then I realised I had a problem with painted finishes and gold hardware! I saw the Fender Artisan series and fell in love with the real premium look of it, if it's done right with good woods!
Headstock veneer is also Roasted Swamp Ash as the body is - very kindly Spike asked the shop they would try it out as a veneer, and I'm so pleased with the way it's come out. I also have been having nightmares about the Roasted Swamp Ash coming out too light in colour, glad to say this is exactly the colour tone I wanted! I love these parts!  :headbang:

Also regarding going all out - I had to, it was supposed to be a one time thing (haha)! Since I live in the UK, and had to pay the import duty and everything, I only wanted to do it once from Warmoth, but it was so easy through UPS, it's dangerous because it's just as easy as buying from Europe!
But I wanted to get it right first time!

Logrinn said:
Wow, that’s beautiful!
:eek:ccasion14:

Thank you! I love it!  :eek:ccasion14:

PhilHill said:
Fantastic! Excellent choices, Congrats.  :headbang:

Thank you!  :eek:ccasion14:

I think I'm going to get a luthier to build it for me, I was debating whether to attempt it myself but I'd never live with myself if I even made one mistake, and I'm only mildly familiar in with guitar building, only done one or two partscasters before. Definitely not experienced enough to not make any errors in a whole build!

Rhys

Love how the Tele Deluxe shape looks with the pearl pickguard and the gold hardware. And those knobs! Can't wait to see it strung up.

xParallax said:
I think I'm going to get a luthier to build it for me, I was debating whether to attempt it myself but I'd never live with myself if I even made one mistake, and I'm only mildly familiar in with guitar building, only done one or two partscasters before. Definitely not experienced enough to not make any errors in a whole build!

Rhys

You probably already have a guy, but just in case you don't, Dave Dearnaley in Cardiff does a good job.

gingataff said:
You probably already have a guy, but just in case you don't, Dave Dearnaley in Cardiff does a good job.

That's the guy! Been in touch with him this week about it! Has he built a Warmoth build for you before?

Rhys

xParallax said:
gingataff said:

That's the guy! Been in touch with him this week about it! Has he built a Warmoth build for you before?

Rhys
He did some fretwork for me on an old Charvel and I introduced him to Bare Knuckle Pickups, he then made some killer guitars for BKP's owner Tim. He's genius with guitars. I'm sure you'll be chuffed with what he does.

:band:
xParallax said:
Build Log for this Guitar!

https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=31550.0

Well done for cross linking your threads. It is something I do myself and something that I think is useful.

Awesome! My first Warmoth that I was well and truly happy with was my Tele Deluxe. I've dreamed about remaking it with binding because it just looks so perfect with that big pickguard. Great work!

Wow....that is stunning.  Beautiful guitar.  Look forward to seeing the finished version.  Congrats!

rauchman said:
Wow....that is stunning.  Beautiful guitar.  Look forward to seeing the finished version.  Congrats!

Click the link earlier in the post to the build thread. It is already finished.

Back