My First Warmoth Build!!! Jazzmaster P-90 Hardtail

tpcoderre

Hi all,

I just finished setting the intonation on my first build - a Warmoth Jazzmaster inspired by Peter Stroud's Elliot Custom, and I love it. She looks, plays, and sounds better than I could have hoped - easily rivals my Fender and Gibson guitars for tone and feel - love it! Couldn't resist some personal touches... should have done this years ago - and I'm a little afraid this could be habit forming!!

Specs:

Alder Jazzmaster body routed for P-90 pickups and side jack
Alpine White Finish
Maple neck with Indian rosewood fingerboard - 6150 steel frets (modern Fender style) White Corian Earvana Comp. Nut, Clear Satin Nitro, 25-1/2 in. Scale (best feeling neck I've ever played!)
Gotoh Vintage Kluson Style tuners
Fender String tree and pickguard screws
Tortoise Pickguard
2 Kinman noiseless P-90 Pickups from Australia (amazing P-90 tone with no hum!)
Glendale Chimemaster half Tele style hardtail bridge with custom machined brass compensating saddles
Glendale brass string ferrules
Switchcraft jack and 3 position toggle
CTS 500K volume and 250K tone pots
Sprague Orange drop .047 capacitor
Schaller Straplocks
Custom Neck plate

Love it!!

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1131.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

Tim

Welcome aboard, and congratulations on a very handsome axe.  Well done.  Who did your decal?

Bagman

Thanks Bagman, and thanks for the welcome!

Decal was expertly produced by Ronny at vidiot72@netzero.net.

Cheers,

Tim

That's a nice looking Jazzmaster! I like the white P90s and sawed-off Tele bridge. :icon_thumright:

Where's the jack? I don't see it on the pickguard after the vol. and tone knobs.

Also, I think those tuners allow you to poke the string ends into the posts (so they don't stick out and cut you.)

Hey Biggus.

IMG_1128.jpg

Never liked the top jack.  And you are right (of course) about the tuners... old habits...

Tim

That looks great! Love the white P-90's, the hardtail, the neck plate... Beautiful touches all around.

Oh dear. I've been tempted for months to make a white Jazzmaster. Now I have to put the order in. Bye-bye new TV...

Gorgeous build :icon_thumright:

Nice work my friend! Welcome to the exclusive Warmoth Jazzmaster club, of which I am a proud member:

IMG_9687.jpg

That is a wonderful job, i love the white + tort combo. 

Biggus Pickus said:
jalane, is that a Warmoth pickguard? The edges look orange.

Actually, you're right.  I tinted it with a little bith or ReRanch amber tint.  I liked the way it turned out, particularly the w/b/w edges.  They're less orange in real life, but like natural aging

jalane,

Thanks much - and I love your blue surf lefty... very vibey!

Have you been happy with that G&G (Fender) case?

Tim

tpcoderre said:
jalane,

Thanks much - and I love your blue surf lefty... very vibey!

Have you been happy with that G&G (Fender) case?

Tim

thanks, and yes i am really very happy with the G&G case.  I got it thinking i was going to have to mod it for my guitar- the shelves aren't exactly stocked with lefty Jazzmaster cases!- but it actually fits nicely in there, and the case is extremely sturdy & attractive. 

Amazing looking Jazzmaster.  Love the headstock decal and choice of parts.  Totally unique.  Did Kinman supplied you with those white P90 covers ?

Unwound,

Thanks much!  Kinman offers P-90s with black, cream, or white covers - white was the obvious choice for me!

Tonar,

Cheers - I like it too!

Tim

Amazinggggggg guit :glasses9:

My next build would be either a Warmoth SG or Jazzmaster... and now that I've seen yours I'm kinda leaning towards the Jazzmaster :eek:ccasion14:

This is a good looking axe! :icon_thumright:

I love the input jack, and the bridge. Very tasteful touches.

Lovely, just lovely. And nice shots too.  Sometimes I wonder, whether in story telling or photography, if the difference in the mundane and the spectacular isn't so much in what happens as who it happens to. The difference between Bonnie & Clyde and a pair of common street thugs might just be a good biographer.

I have to say that i love this build and I'm so tempted to do something almost exactly like it for my next build

Back