My first gig in almost 20 years....

Hey Tfarny, is that "BandWorks" that your in?

My sisters husband and daughter have done it several times and say it's a blast.

Keep us posted

I've always had a backpack full of useful items that other people may not think of.  Cables, batterys, pick's, strings, asprin, bandaids, fingernail clippers, extra mic,a DI box, tools, etc. just little stuff. 

Have fun.

and not all metal involves Satan, Dragons, or Drugs.  just a little sore spot with me.

thumb55 said:
I've always had a backpack full of useful items that other people may not think of.  Cables, batterys, pick's, strings, asprin, bandaids, fingernail clippers, extra mic,a DI box, tools, etc. just little stuff. 

Have fun.

and not all metal involves Satan, Dragons, or Drugs.  just a little sore spot with me.

A BIG +1

Alf, it's the NYCguitar school "Advanced Rock Band" setup. http://www.nycguitarschool.com/ They get great reviews so far, except their PA in the rehearsal space is crap.

And who said all metal needs to have satan, dragons and drugs?  :evil4: I believe you can substitute demons, barbarians, and blood freely for any of those.  :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1:

Whatever, I recommend enjoying your rock and roll with generous side helpings of sex and drugs.

dbw said:
Whatever, I recommend enjoying your rock and roll with generous side helpings of sex and drugs.

Hey, ya can't go too wrong with that recipe :laughing7: :toothy12: :laughing7:
No really, it sounds like a great program and a fantastic opportunity to have a good timel!!
I am sort of jealous as I wish there was an opportunity like that out here in Phoenix.
So, play and dance like nobody listening; and above all, enjoy  :guitaristgif: :headbang1:  :guitaristgif:

By the way, we will be expecting a review of the show...

Bass, slide, vocals (kinda), drums. They'll post it all on youtube for the really masochistic.

hold on, what that guys strap and upper horn placement deliberate, so his shirt says "I love HoMo" ?

I love hot mamas. Palace of the King, Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For blues-ised (butchered the vocal there, sorry fans), When You Got A Good Friend with lots of slide, Reconsider Baby (slow, with me on drums), Say What! (SRV-based Wah jam). I took on too many different instruments and it was all a lot more confusing up there, with different gear, time pressure, etc. But we all sang and played our guts out for our little set, the audience went wild, and my WIFE won the freaking raffle $100 GC gift cert!
I'll probably take this class once more and then maybe look for more permanent situation. BTW the warmoths played and sounded great of course.

Great!!!!
I lost this thread, but I'm happy to see you had a great time!! If there was something like this here I would attempt!
Show us the link when you post on youtube!

Back