My first "from scratch" body build... The building actually begins!

Looks awesome, I like single coils in the neck. Mostly EMG's, I just hate the shape of a standard route passive pickup....

That wood is screaming for oil, it so wants to show you how beautiful it is.

You can pick up a piece of thinwood at Rockler or at one of the online wood dealers for a few bucks to make another cavity cover but that one does the job.

Got a little more done, but waiting on the bridge to get here to finish out the routing, etc...  The bridge is taking forever to get here.  Drilled the holes for the neck, and mounted the neck to it.  The neck pocket is tad larger than I would have liked, but not a big deal.  I was watching a Stew Mac vid, where it shows them running tape along the inside of the template to tighten up the tolerances so I'll be doing that on the next one.  Living and learning!  Also drilled out the holes for the control. 

Attachments

• Neck Mounting Holes.jpg
    Neck Mounting Holes.jpg
    324 KB · Views: 5
  • Control Holes.jpg
    Control Holes.jpg
    450.5 KB · Views: 5
War_in_D said:
Got a little more done, but waiting on the bridge to get here to finish out the routing, etc...  The bridge is taking forever to get here.  Drilled the holes for the neck, and mounted the neck to it.  The neck pocket is tad larger than I would have liked, but not a big deal.  I was watching a Stew Mac vid, where it shows them running tape along the inside of the template to tighten up the tolerances so I'll be doing that on the next one.  Living and learning!  Also drilled out the holes for the control.

My Stewie neck template is about 2 layers of blue tape too big. Not a big deal now that I have used it many times but I was rather perturbed on the first one.

Back