my finished "California P Bass"

mbasile

The concept was in my head for two years before the finished bass was actually in my hands, but I couldn't be happier with it.

It is an alder Warmoth body with a satin finish birdseye maple neck. The neck pickup is Aguilar 60's P and the bridge is their hum canceling J. It sounds absolutely tremendous.

Attachments

• DSC_1081.jpg
    DSC_1081.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 670
I completely forgot about this thread, but there are some other shots at http://nineandahalf.net/portfolio/golden-gate-bridge-precision-bass/

The image was done by transferring a laser print via acrylic gel medium. If you look closely at the body you can see a few imperfections due to this method, but from more than a foot away it looks flawless.

Hey, clearerphish, whereabouts in the Bay Area are you now?  I'm living in San Jose, working in Palo Alto.

Just moved back. Vegas was not entirely a success.  Former spouse made lots of trouble for me when it came to spending time with the two older kids.  I like it better here anyway.

Bagman67 said:
Just moved back. Vegas was not entirely a success.  Former spouse made lots of trouble for me when it came to spending time with the two older kids.  I like it better here anyway.

-I Lived in Vegas four years. My assessment: Nice place to visit/crumby place to live!

Congrats on gettin' outa there!  :icon_thumright:

Nice looking bass, and cool concept for the graphic.  What is the fret board wood?  In the photo, it seems to mate well with the body and neck woods. 

:kewlpics:

Back