My "Black Special" parts arrived this week!

Nice pickup combo

Not a real trem person... so no comment

I think they used a control cavity that was too small... jeeze Jimmy Hoffa could be in there... BE CAREFUL

Nice body/neck!!! If you are using white/pearl covered PUs, consider using the metal mounting rings in the appropriate color to match other hardware, would look better than cream/black rings....

Well, ladies & gentlemen,

i would like to present you the finished "Thoene Black Special Custom" guitar!  :headbang:

It got finished this weekend finally, and it turned out to be one awesome sounding beauty of a rock guitar!

the nailbomb humbucker in the bridge got a 3-way switch (serial - singlecoil (neck coil) - parallel) and the tone-pot for the Z-90 in the neck got a push-push switch activated mid-filter ( off-position: normal tone-pot (high-cut) :: on-position: mid-cut )
with this thing, i can seamlessly blend the neck-pickup from a mighty Z-90 sound (punchy, loud and very defined) to a much more glassy, clear strat-pickup sound!
amazing..  :eek:

the earvana-nut is also great! everything sounds in tune now, with or without open strings, open chords, barre-chords, really cool!
i only need to cut it a little deeper for the low strings, as they tend to slip out of it during "heavy riffing".. ;-)=

will record a few soundsamples as soon as i got the time to do it!

here's some pics:

Attachments

• Thoene-Black_Special_Custom_01b.jpg
    Thoene-Black_Special_Custom_01b.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 467
oh, btw, it got some nice flamed maple pickup rings in the end, as i could'nt settle for any of those plastic ones..

Attachments

• Thoene-Black_Special_Custom_02.jpg
    Thoene-Black_Special_Custom_02.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 448
notice my "very unique" spaghetti-type logo...  :icon_biggrin:

Attachments

• Thoene-Black_Special_Custom_03.jpg
    Thoene-Black_Special_Custom_03.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 446
-CB- said:
Nice pickup combo

Not a real trem person... so no comment

thanx m8!

and please notice that i am also not a real trem person!
this is a fixed bridge with fine-tuners, no trem here..  :eek:ccasion14:

Very nice shagga. The pickup rings are a neat match for the binding..cool! And the logo?Well I think I might have tasted that brand of spaghetti somewhere before  :toothy12: :toothy12: :toothy12:

don't cut the nut deeper. just get a roller style string retainer, and call it good. no point in lowering the action, especially for heavy riffing on the bass strings, your opens might buzz.

nice guitar btw.

shagga said:

Great!  :headbang:
How you made that white printed logo?
Does it need some finish to fix it?
Thanks.

Ventolino

"the earvana-nut is also great! everything sounds in tune now, with or without open strings, open chords, barre-chords, really cool!
i only need to cut it a little deeper for the low strings, as they tend to slip out of it during "heavy riffing".. ;-)="

you need one or two string trees that'd help keep them in the nut id think.

Brian

Schmoopy said:
don't cut the nut deeper. just get a roller style string retainer, and call it good. no point in lowering the action, especially for heavy riffing on the bass strings, your opens might buzz.

nice guitar btw.

thanx sir schmoopy,

i really didn't think of that as a solution!
will try that first now!

ventolino said:
shagga said:

Great!  :headbang:
How you made that white printed logo?
Does it need some finish to fix it?
Thanks.

Ventolino

it is a silver printed logo btw, and i got this one made by one fabulous english guy name mike from the decal shop:
http://www.thedecalshop.co.uk/

it is a waterslide decal, needs to be applied wet to the raw wood, then dry for at least 24 hours, and then laquered over many times to securely fix it and make it "blend in" with the headstock!

That looks like a FANTASTIC axe. The body is jawdropping and the whole package looks so cool. How do you like Nailbomb. I love BKP's and have quite a few on my guitars.  :icon_thumright:

Man this is godlike !!!!

I have a similar idea but for a Soloist, and now you just shown me that Pau Ferro looks awesome with a Black Dye :headbang:

Back