My Black Friday Findings!

Timmsie95

First off, I know it's been a while since I've been on the forum, cause I've been really busy producing and mixing my band's EP, but hello everyone!

This Black Friday, I got a lot of amazing deals on plugins, which will help me a lot with my mixes.

First, I got Steven Slate Drums Platinum.
It's great for any application. Hundreds of kits, and you can build your own kids and letter samples, and route the components however you want.

Then came the Slate Digital Everything Bundle.
I now use Slate plugins almost exclusively on my mixes. The virtual console collection sounds amazing, and every plugin that comes in the bundle of extremely useful!

Next, Soundtoys Tremolator.
They have it away for free, which is amazing. It's great for ancient guitar tracks, or stutter effects.

Next, Waves Supertap.
They also have it away for free. I don't really use it, because I use the Slate Repeater delay for the most part, but it's a great delay plugin.

Getgood Drums Matt Halpern Signature Pack
These drink samples are phenomenal. Not only for metal, and they are extremely versatile. You can switch between two kick drums, two snares, with four tunings on pine of them, clear or coated heads on the toms, two Chinas, a mini stack or splash for accents, and two different crashes per position. You can also route the components any way you'd like, and they are extremely detailed samples.

Then came JST Tominator..
It's amazing for mixing live drums. It literally came out yesterday, and I jumped right on it. It is used to control cymbal bleed in Tom, kick and snare mics. It allows the drum to ring out freely, while amlost completely eliminating the cymbals. Works like a charm.

Finally, Waves Gold Bundle.
This one was probably the best deal yet. It's normally $799, and was on sale for $199 PLUS there was a $30 discount on top of that. Everything that Slate didn't have, is in the Waves Gold Bundle. I'm still blown away by this deal.

I saved more money than I spent over the past week, and I'm really glad that I did. The only plugins that it really like now, are the FabFilter offerings. Specifically the Pro-MB. And a few additional Waves plugins like Vocal Rider, Bass Rider, and the Abbey Road Collection.

Timmsie is a happy customer
:turtle:

Also, I recently joined Nail The Mix, which is a program where each month, you receive the multitracks for real songs, and mix them until you are happy, and enter it into a monthly contest. Plus they get the actual producers of the song to do a live mix at the end of the month, and there is plenty to learn. It's generally a metal thing. This month, the song was Face Everything And Rise, by Papa Roach. I've improved my mixes so much in the past month, it's incredible. It's $20 a month, and it's completely worth it.

Back