My 1st 100% Warmoth Guitar - Mahogany/Flame Koa Tele!!!

Chris_Lohmann

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to share with all of you some pics of my first all-Warmoth guitar.

Some of you may have seen this guitar when I discussed it briefly and posted one pic a little while back in this thread:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=3973.0

However, I wanted the opportunity to elaborate and go into a bit more detail about its history and specs.

warmothtele_04.jpg

warmothtele_03.jpg

warmothtele_02-1.jpg

SPECS

Body
-Solid 1-piece mahogany body w/ bookmatched AAA flame koa top, tummy cut & contoured heel
-Rear routed, dual humbuckers, string-thru-body hardtail Gotoh Humbucker Tele bridge, V-X-T-5 control config
-Clear gloss finish

Neck
-25 1/2" scale Warmoth pro neck w/ Tele-style headstock
-Mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard w/ abalone dot inlays, flame koa peghead veneer
-1 3/4" nut width
-Wizard back contour
-10-16" compound radius fingerboard
-SS 6105 fretwire
-Precut and installed Graphtec graphite nut
-Clear gloss on face of peghead, clear satin on the back

Hardware/Electronics
-Locking Sperzel tuners
-Gotoh Humbucker Telecaster string-thru-body hardtail bridge
-EMG 85 bridge pickup, EMG 81 neck pickup
-Master volume, dual tone via an EMG A25KX2 concentric pot, 3-way switch

Misc. Comments

I ordered this guitar in late-November 2005, received it in late-February 2006 and was playing it by mid-March 2006 so it isn't new by any means. Prior to ordering this guitar, the only other things that I had ordered from Warmoth were a AAA birdseye maple/rosewood CBS Strat replacement neck and a replacement pickguard for a stock Fender Strat that I have and since I ordered this Telecaster, I've ordered a few more all-Warmoth guitars, but this one is, by far, my favorite. Not only is it the best guitar that I currently own, it is the best guitar that I have EVER owned. I consider this guitar to be my most prized possession. If my house was burning down and I only had time to grab a couple of things and then escape with my life, I would grab my cat and this guitar. When I contemplate purchasing a new guitar, there are four main things that I look for: looks, feel, playability and tone. This guitar passes with flying colors in all four of those areas. It looks drop-dead gorgeous and it feels, plays and sounds incredible!

If you haven't already seen it, check out my 2nd Warmoth build here:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=4106.0

bet you are getting some killer tone with those EMG and Mahogany body.  its a rock and roll machine!!!

DocNrock said:
I absolutely love that guitar.  The flame in the koa is striking.

Thanks. Anyone care to revise their nominations in Max's "Best Guitar Ever" thread? :laughing7:

dmraco said:
bet you are getting some killer tone with those EMG and Mahogany body.

You betcha! As with my Mockingbird, I can best describe the tone as "sparkle & roar". I get sparkling clean tones out of the EMG 81 at the neck and roaring high-gain palm-mute & powerchord riffs out of the EMG 85 at the bridge. I used to own a 1997 alpine white Gibson Les Paul Custom and I still own a 1992 ebony Gibson Les Paul Studio and I can tell you that the Tele shown above has tone and sustain that rivals or surpasses that of a Gibson Les Paul.

Chris_Lohmann said:
DocNrock said:
I absolutely love that guitar.  The flame in the koa is striking.

Thanks. Anyone care to revise their nominations in Max's "Best Guitar Ever" thread? :laughing7:

Nah, I love that tele, but I dig the mockingbird more.

DocNrock said:
Nah, I love that tele, but I dig the mockingbird more.

BLASPHEMY!!!!! Lets BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN him!! BURN! BURN! BURN!  :evil4:

Nice job.I like it alot.I want to something close to that for my next project,except with just a Rio Grande BBQ bridge pickup.Kinda like this...

tele4.jpg

hi,
with that veneer and with all warmoth`s veneers, can you shoot some poly coats straight away or do you have to fill the grain first or do other stuff?

i ask becausei just got my warmoth neck with koa veneer and it looks smooth and fine to just start finishing with a decal and poly clear coat, i`m just not sure...

WOOOT~ thats some nice geetar ya got there.  Outrageous figure on the wood too.

I can't stop coming back to this thread. Man, your builds are tailor-made for me. Bravo, man. Killer stuff!  :rock-on:

Thanks everyone for the kind remarks.

eiopago said:
With that veneer and with all Warmoth`s veneers, can you shoot some poly coats straight away or do you have to fill the grain first or do other stuff?

I ask because I just got my Warmoth neck with koa veneer and it looks smooth and fine to just start finishing with a decal and poly clear coat, I'm just not sure...

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I can't answer that because I didn't finish this guitar myself. The finish on this guitar was done by Warmoth.

Mr Real Nice said:
Got any pics of the back of the neck on this one, too, Chris?

Sure. I'll try to post some halfway decent pics of the back shortly.

Back