Mudwog Weap Tele got Cajones now!~

-CB-

PA281167.jpg

No big deal I guess really... except that we got some output on the bridge pickup.  I went and got a Gibson BB#3, stuck it in my ES-333 that was a little harsh in the bridge, and took the BBPro #2 and put it in the Mudwog Weap Tele.

Dunno what I'll do with the Fat Bastard... Rio Grande is replacing it - the consensus is that one of its two magnets is in backwards.  This makes rather unfocused magnetic circuit.    Dave at Rio Grande was great on the phone... and, I should have a replacement in 'bout 10 days.

CD

Is that bridge black or chrome? I can't tell from the lighting. Looks a bit strange on a tele, but it fits together well.

-CB-

I went with black hardware, except the screws, switch ring, jack, pointers... and bridge pickup.

G

guitlouie

Hey -CB-, I have what might be a dumb question, but then that should not surprise you by now.  When you are finishing a thinline that has an  F-hole like that, how do you keep from spraying inside the F-hole?  It looks to me like you got the finish to lip over the edges of the F-hole, but didn't get any on the inside.  Did you stuff something in there? This has been on my mind since I intend to try to finish a thinline myself.  I even thought of just getting a hollow Tele with no F-hole just to avoid the "hole" thing, but I do love the look of it.  Anyway, I still love that Tele right there, and it sounds like getting the Fat Bastard back is going to turn into an excuse for something new...???

-CB-

Clear coats, no problem, let it get in there.
Brushed or rubbed colors, be careful  I guess.
Same goes with grain fillers, dyes, etc etc.
Sprayed colors... I guess you can mask the bottom, there's enough room to get in and lay tape on the bottom. 
I guess you could stuff some wadded paper in there too. 
I didn't, and there is some finish in there, but its barely seen. 
Importantly, the proper label must be fashioned, and this must be shellac'd, then glued in place within the f/hole.
Thats something I've not done yet... but will this week.
I hand sanded the filled edges of the f/hole, and took pains to make sure the clear coat was sprayed on those edges.
However, no buffing was done on the edges - hence the lip over effect I guess.

JR

Man i love that guitar. Everytime i see it i get weak at the knees.

-CB-

Some playing later...

Mo'Cajones for sure.  The item remains - keep the goncalo neck on it, or... perhaps switch to maple.

Course if I did that, I'd have to get a body for the goncalo neck to reside on. <gggg>

Soloshchenko

-CB- said:
Some playing later...

Mo'Cajones for sure.   The item remains - keep the goncalo neck on it, or... perhaps switch to maple.

Course if I did that, I'd have to get a body for the goncalo neck to reside on. <gggg>

Are you not so keen on the goncalo then? Is it a tone issue or feel?

I must say I don't really move away from Maple, mainly a price thing but I've always had maple/maple necks on my fenders and I just love it, I never see the point in spending extra on something I might not like the feel of.

-CB-

Very keen on goncalo!~

I like to switch things and experiment. 

The other guitar, with goncalo neck, also a thinline, with 52ri pickups in it... a VERY nice toned guitar.  This one, a bit fatter due to P90/BBPro#2 pickups.  I might see if maple enhances the tone, or not.  Just another ongoing science project.

Morgus_BB_00008a.jpg