Most Washed Up Hair Metal Band

Marko said:
This was my favorite Zep Ripoff band from the 80s! I loved this album!!
it was produced by the same guy that did the Pink Floyd album at the time (was it bob ezrin?).. also Trevor Rabin worked on it! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT9gS719x8k

I still have that CD (The Disregard Of Timekeeping).  Jason Bonham on drums.

sure - they were touring with Posion in the summer of '06 --  both performin their very un-metal style of rock music.  :laughing7:

cinderella's problem is the main guy - the sing - keeps blowing out his vocal chords. He has a horrible screeching way of singing - so whenever they get back to playing they have to stop after a short while - it seems :tard:

Superlizard said:
Marko said:
This was my favorite Zep Ripoff band from the 80s! I loved this album!!
it was produced by the same guy that did the Pink Floyd album at the time (was it bob ezrin?).. also Trevor Rabin worked on it! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT9gS719x8k

I still have that CD (The Disregard Of Timekeeping).  Jason Bonham on drums.

That's the one!! I love it!!

Saw Bohnam once, they opened for the Cult and were quite literally boo-ed off the stage.  They really sucked.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
I keep seeing, "They aren't metal, this band isn't metal, that band isn't metal."  None of them are.  Hair Metal isn't even metal.

Just as soft rock isn't rock...

On a side note, it wasn't mentioned, but in the Twisted Sister video for,"We're Not Gonna Take It,"  the Father that asks, "What are you gonna do with your life!?!" was Mark Metcalf, or Neidermayer from Animal House.  That little bit there has kept me laughing about that video for years.
Patrick

I've never started a thread that has had so many responses.  And I don't even like hair metal...  Except for Van Halen.  Granted, there are a few songs in the Genre that stand out.  Actually, the more I take a step back, the more I'm starting to regain an appreciation for Motley Crue, if only for Too Fast for Love, which I once had on vinyl.  Too Fast for Love was a killer first album.

There's a country band that plays around KC called Rex Hobart and the Misery Boys, they do the best version of "Every Rose has it's Thorn" ever played.

The late '80s and early '90s had some really bad bad bad pseudo-cross-dresser hair bands.  Anybody remember Brittany Fox, Kix, or Cherry Street?  There was one here in KC called Banshee.  They were aweful.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
I keep seeing, "They aren't metal, this band isn't metal, that band isn't metal."  None of them are.  Hair Metal isn't even metal.

+1

"hair metal isn't metal"

Ah, but how does one explain Whitesnake's eponymous album featuring the metallic shredding sounds of John Sykes?

(they went on tour with Viv & Adrian, but it was Skyes playing on the album)

Definitely metal.  Sludgey metal a la Black Sabbath?  Thrashy metal a la Megadeth?  No, but still metal.

And hair metal most definitely.

Saying hair metal isn't metal is akin to saying rockabilly ain't rock... it's a mesh of both.

Or music of hair?

andrew-bird-music-of-hair.jpg

Superlizard said:
"hair metal isn't metal"

Ah, but how does one explain Whitesnake's eponymous album featuring the metallic shredding sounds of John Sykes?

Definitely metal.  Sludgey metal a la Black Sabbath?  Thrashy metal a la Megadeth?  No, but still metal.
John Sykes kicks ass.  And he was wrongfully cut out of Whitesnake.  I guess he wasn't pretty enough for the prima donna David Coverstory..  Uh.. Coverdale (Spinal Tap reject!!!!)

DocNrock said:
Another good 80's Zep "rip-off" band was Zebra.

Zebra Rocked!  I miss the hard rock sound of the late 70's / early 80's  :guitarplayer2:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOrWXsDOC4o[/youtube]

Superlizard said:
"hair metal isn't metal"

And hair metal most definitely.

Saying hair metal isn't metal is akin to saying rockabilly ain't rock... it's a mesh of both.

That proves nothing.  Hairmetal isn't metal.

ah Banshee...they were aweful.  Their guitar player was Terry Dunn right?  Jeff Sheetz was/is from KC, he's pretty good.

KC Hair Bands:
I remember Brett Eckland (probably spelled wrong) he played in Major Rager.  He was pretty good.

I used to run around with a Guy that was in Foxy Foxy.  Great player.  In the early 90 when Pantera was starting to get big he took a Skil Saw to a beautiful Dean Z (explorer full sized) and turned it into a ML beacause at the time you couldn't buy one anywhere.  (added a Floyd Rose too.....crying shame)

I'm sure I'll think of some more...

And really I guess I'm in the hair metal is metal side of that debate.  If it's not metal what is it? I know a lot of it sucked, but there was some good music being made if you looked for it.  I always liked Kerry King's take on hair metal.."it's like they took Van Halen and pushed it out in all the wrong directions"

Back