Modified G&L PTB Circuit

clbraddock

I have a two pickup strat (neck and bridge) that I only need one tone knob for. I was trying to decide what to do with the other tone knob and thought about adding a bass roll-off. G&L has a PTB (passive treble bass circuit) that does this, but I'm wanting to keep the treble tone control closer to the original wiring, i.e. one side of a 250k pot through a cap to ground. I'd also put the bass portion of the circuit on a DPDT switch so I can bypass the signal around it when not in use.

The original PTB circuit is here: https://tonefiend.com/guitar/two-ban...cheap-awesome/

I've attached a crude drawing of what I want to do. Will this modification work okay? (Mostly I'm asking about the change to the treble control)

Edit: I'd be using a no load pot for the treble pot (P1) if that makes a difference.

GL PTB (1).jpg

I have a two pickup strat (neck and bridge) that I only need one tone knob for. I was trying to decide what to do with the other tone knob and thought about adding a bass roll-off. G&L has a PTB (passive treble bass circuit) that does this, but I'm wanting to keep the treble tone control closer to the original wiring, i.e. one side of a 250k pot through a cap to ground. I'd also put the bass portion of the circuit on a DPDT switch so I can bypass the signal around it when not in use.

The original PTB circuit is here: https://tonefiend.com/guitar/two-ban...cheap-awesome/

I've attached a crude drawing of what I want to do. Will this modification work okay? (Mostly I'm asking about the change to the treble control)

Edit: I'd be using a no load pot for the treble pot (P1) if that makes a difference.

View attachment 58608
I bet Raggamuffin knows or Stratamania

I saw the post yesterday, but to be honest at the moment I am not quite myself (grief is a challenging thing)

From what I can see at a quick glance, give it a try and experiment but I have not run it through logically as I normally would.

I saw the post yesterday, but to be honest at the moment I am not quite myself (grief is a challenging thing)

From what I can see at a quick glance, give it a try and experiment but I have not run it through logically as I normally would.

Godspeed my friend. It never goes away, but it does get more manageable as time goes on.

I have several guitars with a PTB circuit now, and I don't think that you get any noticeable loss of bass with the bass knob all the way up

Looking at your diagram though I think it should work if you want to give it a try

Back