Mockingbird Build/ Warmoth Noob

TVs Ross

Hey y'all,

During a dangerous bout of eBay hunting at work I came across an old Warmoth Mockingbird body, and couldn't pass it up. I've always loved these but haven't gelled with one for a number of reasons, and never pulled the trigger on a build when I was younger because of a lack of any experience.

I built a jazzmaster a while back and love it, so as soon as my Tele's thin neck started giving me hand cramps that was the only excuse I needed, hahaha. I have no experience with guitar finishes and a friend of mine is a great artist so I'm just going with a drab backdrop for him to work with, shouldn't be too hard but only time will tell!

Most importantly, here are some pics!

[

Next paycheck I'm planning on ordering a wenge/ebony neck, strat scale, 12" radius, Jazzmaster headstock. Nothing else too crazy, got some humbuckers and single coils lying around to try out, might add a series/parallel switch and do concentric a single vol/vol pot. Gold hardware for maximum tackiness, haha

Fixed, the Photobucket app deleted the pictures from my account for some reason.

Could be, but I'll bet that if you take it by the neck and run the pick across it a few times, you'll be jammin'!

You could be right, ’cause you can pick your cats but you can't pick your friends’ noses.

Least that's what I've always heard.

:sign13:

Pelagaard said:
So, you're the one who outbid me...  Nice score. :party07:

Thanks/ sorry! Hopefully another one'll pop up soon and what I do to this one won't be too enraging!

Back