MISSING AVATARS

jdn717

We're aware that some of your user avatars are missing. You will need to go into your profile and re-upload your avatar images. Sorry for the hassle, but we had to make a change to the way that avatar images were loaded in order to reduce the strain on the forum.

Please see this post for the correct way to size your avatar images: http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=26760.0

I tried to upload my avatar (225x225 pixels) and got this:

The following errors occurred when trying to save your profile:

The avatar you have selected is either too large or not an avatar.
What constitutes an avatar? I've always used an appropriately sized .jpg.

Some systems doesn't like jpgs with the jpEg-extension. Could this be the case?

Logrinn said:
Some systems doesn't like jpgs with the jpEg-extension. Could this be the case?
Thanks for the suggestion to check that so I checked and the extension was definitely.jpg. On a whim, I saved it as a .png and tried again. That worked.

Glad it worked out.
Sometimes some systems doesn't like it when the extension on files are spelled in capital letters, .JPG instead of .jpg. Changing that sometimes works.

Great Ape said:

Completely and totally.

Unfortunately, we had no choice. It was either this, or a let the forum die.

Look at it as an unexpected opportunity to be creative. That's what I did.

And then everyone made fun of me.

I don't think this works: Anything larger than 225x225 will be resized to fit within those dimensions.
I tried to put the same photo I was using the last months and I'm getting this message:

Kostas said:
I don't think this works: Anything larger than 225x225 will be resized to fit within those dimensions.
I tried to put the same photo I was using the last months and I'm getting this message:

I'm also getting this message.

Are you guys who are getting the error message uploading the image from you computer, or from an external URL?

double A said:
Are you guys who are getting the error message uploading the image from you computer, or from an external URL?

From my computer. I did the same last time and I had no problem. The pic is 358x715, the auto resizement was nice.

Kostas said:
double A said:

From my computer. I did the same last time and I had no problem. The pic is 358x715, the auto resizement was nice.

Hmm....we've done everything we can think of to duplicate the issue here, and had no luck. Any other info you can provide that might shed some light? What image format? What browser are you using? Are you wearing a tinfoil hat? What's the weather like at your house?

double A said:
Hmm....we've done everything we can think of to duplicate the issue here, and had no luck. Any other info you can provide that might shed some light? What image format? What browser are you using? Are you wearing a tinfoil hat? What's the weather like at your house?

Whatever you did worked because my profile has been updated successfully.
I see though my avatar is larger than the others in this thread.

Kostas said:
Whatever you did worked because my profile has been updated successfully.
I see though my avatar is larger than the others in this thread.

I just changed the max dimensions so it wouldn't be so tall. Can you try uploading it again?

Back