Misc suggestions....

jackthehack

Epic Member
1.) Don't preroute so many bodies; there been a number I'd order but most Strat bodies in the showcase are top routed; I see too many that were probably too pretty to put a pickguard over and should have been rear-routed....
2.) Since Warmoth refuses to "match" woods, you should try putting some more necks in the showcase; I've been itching to build some custom VIPs/LPSs, but would like to see a neck with wood that matches, e.g., I've passed on some nice Koa and mahogany bodies because there's no guarantee that an ordered neck will have wood within a mile of the body. The one time I tried to custom order I got a rosewood on mahoghany neck for a rosewood on mahoghany body and the mahogany on the two pieces wound up being on diametical ends of mahoghany light/dark.

3) I'd like to see a couple more options in the neck shapes. There's nothing there that I'd describe as being a 'D' shape which would be similar to the Peavey 'Cropper Classic' I have and happens to be one of the most comfortable necks I've ever played, and I don't think there's anything immediately comparable with the Classic Player Baja Tele neck which is described as a 50's soft 'V'.

>;o))

jackthehack said:
1.) Don't preroute so many bodies; there been a number I'd order but most Strat bodies in the showcase are top routed; I see too many that were probably too pretty to put a pickguard over and should have been rear-routed....
I agree with this although not many people will order a body if showcase bodies were unrouted. And yes, there are many bodies in the showcase that pickguards hides their beauty. You have beautiful woods... more rear-routed bodies please :icon_smile:

I agree here, I've been bummed out by too many top routed bodies in the showcase, and passed on at least 3 due to that...I'd never do a pickguard on anything but the most subtle natural top, or solid color....just not my thing at all.

Speaking of matching woods, it would be nice if Warmoth would add a feature to the site that would enable you to view a neck with a body (and a pickguard if applicable).  It wouldn't be hard to do, and it would only require a little bit of extra photo editing.  They already have good consistent scaling in the photos.

Let Warmoth carry on where Floyd Rose left off;  make a stronger glue-in neck design, and offer the neck and body as a set.

Back