Meanwhile, at Warmoth.....Roasted Alder Sweepstakes!!

amigarobbo said:
Bagman67 said:
I'm entered to WIN it, baby!

:icon_thumright:

I've not just spent the last 20 minutes checking out what paint job, I'd like, and which brand of pickups I'd go for if I were to win...  Only for a bit of fun...

Apricot Flake with a pair of Curtis Novak's Humcanceled Pickups, since you ask...  :toothy11:

Or Turquoise Flake,  :evil4: Transparent Neon Purple could be interesting...  :evil4:

I have a rattle can of Behlen dark walnut toner to do a sprayed burst edge for a brown-to-clear burst.  So whichever one I get will reasonably closely approximate the look of the telecaster body Aaron holds up as an example in the video.  Because that will be EFFIN' COOL, man.

Carry on,

Bagman

double A said:
Rgand said:
Count me in on this one. I like the stuff.

That Strat in the video did sound awesome. Don't break that one down to parts again. It's a winner.

I am afraid that is its destiny.

But we can always remember it in our hearts.
This would be a good chance to try another body with those particular parts and really see if it makes a difference.

Rgand said:
This would be a good chance to try another body with those particular parts and really see if it makes a difference.

I have always felt that the neck wood plays a much bigger part in a guitar's tone than the body wood. However, I've played that particular neck on many bodies now. None of those iterations sounded as good to me as this one, with the Roasted Alder body.

Bear in mind: I can't account for which pickups were on which combo, so that's a pretty big wild card.

Still, the total was definitely greater than the sum of the parts on this one.

double A said:
Rgand said:

I have always felt that the neck wood plays a much bigger part in a guitar's tone than the body wood. However, I've played that particular neck on many bodies now. None of those iterations sounded as good to me as this one, with the Roasted Alder body.

Bear in mind: I can't account for which pickups were on which combo, so that's a pretty big wild card.

I can only imagine how it must sound in person. Did you get a chance to crank it up some?

Rgand said:
double A said:
Rgand said:

I can only imagine how it must sound in person. Did you get a chance to crank it up some?

Nope. If you play too loud it wakes Ken up, and it's all downhill from there....

double A said:
Rgand said:
double A said:
Rgand said:

Nope. If you play too loud it wakes Ken up, and it's all downhill from there....
:icon_biggrin:

I really like the momentum Warmoth has going on. I've been building one per year ( I jumped on the moon Glow late last year), waiting for an new order as we speak, another Jazzmaster twist. Rant complete. Would there be a Roasted Black Korina option one day? Possible?

Axl12 said:
I really like the momentum Warmoth has going on. I've been building one per year ( I jumped on the moon Glow late last year), waiting for an new order as we speak, another Jazzmaster twist. Rant complete. Would there be a Roasted Black Korina option one day? Possible?

Anything is possible.

double A said:
Anything is possible.

Remember everyone, just because anything is possible, doesn't mean you should make a neon pink fretless Flying V with a Floyd Rose.

Be reasonable folks!

And also, that body in thee video would be what I would imagine Birdseye Koa would look a bit like...plus some fancy yellows and reds.

Axkoa said:
double A said:
Anything is possible.

Remember everyone, just because anything is possible, doesn't mean you should make a neon pink fretless Flying V with a Floyd Rose.

Be reasonable folks!

Yes, Neon Blue for a Flying V.  :headbang5

Hey, it's not me that makes up these rules.

amigarobbo said:
Bagman67 said:
I'm entered to WIN it, baby!

:icon_thumright:

I've not just spent the last 20 minutes checking out what paint job, I'd like, and which brand of pickups I'd go for if I were to win...  Only for a bit of fun...

Apricot Flake with a pair of Curtis Novak's Humcanceled Pickups, since you ask...  :toothy11:

Or Turquoise Flake,  :evil4: Transparent Neon Purple could be interesting...  :evil4:

:icon_scratch:

With this neck:

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseNeck.aspx?Body=1&Bass=1&Shape=38&Paint=1&Path=JBass,Finished&nBind=133&i=BN7842#.WVgUj8aZOi4

Pearloid pickguard, chrome hardware, yes that would be nice...

Maybe I could order a body anyway.. Hang on, I'm falling into the elephant trap!  :bananaguitar:

double A said:
Axl12 said:

Anything is possible.

can you ask them to build more of this in Showcase ? so we can select other pickups route beside H-X-H ?

LPCP531A.jpg

LPCP531C.jpg

Back