Meanwhile, at Warmoth.....Roasted Alder Sweepstakes!!

aarontunes

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Staff member
19575155_10156408400483289_3037236543022706861_o.jpg

Ahem. May I have your attention please. ROASTED ALDER! Available now in the Warmoth showcase and custom builders! AND...to celebrate this new wood offering, we are giving two bodies away. One winner gets the bass, another the guitar. Winners get their choice of finish....for free! Click here to enter.

And here's a little video:

[youtube]CG6SPb5QO7U[/youtube]

Very nice. More choices from you guys. Love it.

And Aaron ... that was som wicked Uli Roth playing. Bravo! :headbang:

double A said:
19575155_10156408400483289_3037236543022706861_o.jpg

Ahem. May I have your attention please. ROASTED ALDER! Available now in the Warmoth showcase and custom builders! AND...to celebrate this new wood offering, we are giving two bodies away. One winner gets the bass, another the guitar. Winners get their choice of finish....for free! Click here to enter.

Now you all have gone and done it! Time to sell my other Strat body and pick one of these up! OH my my! Is this a limited time offer?

Roasted Alder is part of our regular offering now. Should be around for a while.

I should add that the guitar I played in this video sounded freaking awesome. We take things apart and put them back together all the time. That particular combo of parts was a total WIN. Not sure how much of that had to do with the Roasted Alder body, but yowza. I would gig with that axe any time.

Logrinn said:
Do you what kind of pickups were in it?

I believe the singles were Duncan SSL-1's. Don't know what the hummy was...but I stay on the neck pickup the whole time in the vid.

Incidentally, we are working on another video were we compare three necks: Vintage, Vintage/Modern, and Modern, all with the exact same specs. All cut from the exact same piece of Maple. Every possible variable removed. It will be interesting to see how the comparison shakes out. For that video we will be using a calibrated set of SSL-1's.

Count me in on this one. I like the stuff.

That Strat in the video did sound awesome. Don't break that one down to parts again. It's a winner.

Rgand said:

That Strat in the video did sound awesome. Don't break that one down to parts again. It's a winner.

I am afraid that is its destiny.

But we can always remember it in our hearts.

double A said:
Rgand said:

And then does it become a screamin' deal, or does it remain a test platform?

Bagman67 said:
double A said:
Rgand said:

And then does it become a screamin' deal, or does it remain a test platform?

The neck in the video is an official/genuine Fender® Stratocater® neck. It gets used any time we do a video featuring a Warmoth Strat® replacement body.

The official/genuine Stratocaster® body that originally came attached the genuine Fender® Stratocaster® neck is what gets used any time we do a video that features a Warmoth Strat® replacement neck.

Do you see what I'm saying here?

Yep, I get that much.  What I'm really interested in is what happens to that sexy body that was attached to the bog-standard Fender part.

We never put used parts in the Screamin' Deals section*. The Warmoth parts left over from videos or R&D projects end up attached to whatever is at hand. It's like a mad scientist's lab of parts attached to other parts...that don't necessarily go together.

Give my creation LIFE!!!!

* Except when we do.

Bagman67 said:
I'm entered to WIN it, baby!

:icon_thumright:

I've not just spent the last 20 minutes checking out what paint job, I'd like, and which brand of pickups I'd go for if I were to win...  Only for a bit of fun...

Apricot Flake with a pair of Curtis Novak's Humcanceled Pickups, since you ask...  :toothy11:

Or Turquoise Flake,  :evil4: Transparent Neon Purple could be interesting...  :evil4:

Back