Meanwhile, at Warmoth: another sweepstakes!

Thanks, I completely missed the date  :doh:

Are you serious about Internet Explorer? Because I use Opera and I'm sure I did succeed entering :dontknow:

You can use any browser you want. The only requirement is that you turn your computer into a honeypot on Facebook. It's unfair, but it's a marketing thing.

Cagey said:
You can use any browser you want. The only requirement is that you turn your computer into a honeypot on Facebook. It's unfair, but it's a marketing thing.

Now I'm beginning to notice that you're all just joking, aren't you?  :sad:

So what were the actual numbers? It would be nice to know how popular the various ones are.

rgand said:
So what were the actual numbers? It would be nice to know how popular the various ones are.

I just looked.  They do not say.  Perhaps when they choose the winner on Monday they will release the raw numbers?

We got our winner this morning. Ty Barnes from Ohio.

The results of the voting were thus:

VIP = 43%
Regal = 24%
Velocity = 20%
Royale = 13%

Thoughts on that?

My thoughts on this are, I do not like Ty Barnes very much. I would not feel sorry for him if he accidentally stabbed himself under his thumbnail with a high E string while stringing up his new guitar.

Can't say that I'm shocked. Long upper horn looks classic, but more importantly it's functional.

Congratulations, Ty. I hope he posts some finished photos.

Nice to know I'm in the upper 24%  :icon_biggrin:

Swarfrat is right that the upper horn is a functional item. Nice also that it's a nice looking body. That would be my second choice.

pabloman said:
My thoughts on this are, I do not like Ty Barnes very much. I would not feel sorry for him if he accidentally stabbed himself under his thumbnail with a high E string while stringing up his new guitar.

:laughing7:

Thanks guys! Thanks Warmoth!

I actually voted for VIP in the contest, too.

I picked a Quilted Maple top/Swamp Ash chambered body with black binding that they had in stock.  I'm having it finished in Purple Dye on the top and Transparent Purple on the back.  I don't like natural colored backs with dyed tops, or black backs with a colored top, otherwise I would have selected the blue dye flame maple on mahogany with white binding top they had in the showcase.

I'll start a thread with my selection and build progress.

Thanks again to Warmoth! I can't believe I won!  And, thanks for the hate!  I've been jealous of everyone else who has won in the past, too!

:headbang1:

Attached is a picture of the body I selected...maybe

Attachments

• vip126a.jpg
    vip126a.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 367
Hey...look at that: the winner is a UW member!  :headbang: I didn't even know until just now.

Ty, this is Aaron - the guy from Warmoth that called to give you the good news. Looking forward to progress pics.

Back