May 2017 Guitar of the Month Contest Submissions

Fat Pete said:
GOM said:
stratamania said:
Come on folks enter some more guitars.

Yeah, c'mon people, Dirty Dave may have thrown down a big satiny black gauntlet, but don't be scared, get your axes entered and give him something to beat!
:laughing7:

I'm planning on taking up the challenge - I don't mind being cannon-fodder, just need to put the guitar together in time without screwing anything up. Hopefully some other forum members will save me from being the also-ran in a two horse race!
Looking forward to this and a few more, too.

nullref picks up that gauntlet, cool as you like! Good luck!

double A said:
Also, as the guy who gets to do the GOM award banner every month...

And, not to blow smoke, a great job you do of it. Check out B3Guy's banner, I just noticed that the day and night shots have been composited to get the best of both. Above and beyond there, my friend! 

Fat Pete said:
GOM said:
stratamania said:
Come on folks enter some more guitars.

Yeah, c'mon people, Dirty Dave may have thrown down a big satiny black gauntlet, but don't be scared, get your axes entered and give him something to beat!
:laughing7:

I'm planning on taking up the challenge - I don't mind being cannon-fodder, just need to put the guitar together in time without screwing anything up. Hopefully some other forum members will save me from being the also-ran in a two horse race!

Please do...I don't even want to win GOM if it's only by default.  Honestly, if I like yours better than mine I will vote for it myself.  So take your time...but get it done LOL!! Good luck with the build, I look forward to seeing it :)

Dirty Dave said:
Just noticed we now have Guitar #2...which looks VERY nice!! :)

Somebody needed to break the ice and get this party started.  So I brought the woman in white to battle the big guy in black.  May the 4th be with you...  :laughing7:

Good luck to Dirty Dave and everyone else that joins party this month.

nullref said:
Dirty Dave said:

Somebody needed to break the ice and get this party started.  So I brought the woman in white to battle the big guy in black.  May the 4th be with you...  :laughing7:

Is it just me...or does it look like a guitar that Eric Clapton should be playing?  I am NOT suggesting you send it to him LOL!!

Good luck  :headbang:

Dirty Dave said:
Is it just me...or does it look like a guitar that Eric Clapton should be playing?  I am NOT suggesting you send it to him LOL!!

Good luck  :headbang:

Hahahaha, I wouldn't give it to him even if he stopped by my house to pick it up personally.

nullref said:
Dirty Dave said:

I wish I had a brown shaggy duble bass to compete...  :icon_biggrin:

Sticking with the black and white theme*, another new member, freakshow__ enters the contest. Wish him luck!

*Other colors are allowed.

Nice. I'm tempted to enter my black Strat just to be in keeping. :icon_biggrin:

I was thinking the same about my black Jazzmaster, but I don't have any pictures here. Maybe I can do something with the phone...

Nullref; Love the touch of all the gold hardware.  Even the pick guard screws!  Classy touch.

Mad Hatter joins the battle, and that's definitely not a black or white guitar. Good luck!

GOM said:
Mad Hatter joins the battle, and that's definitely not a black or white guitar. Good luck!

Felt like I had to break up the monochromatic club  :toothy10:

Mad Hatter said:
Nullref; Love the touch of all the gold hardware.  Even the pick guard screws!  Classy touch.

Thanks Mad Hatter.  The quilt on that Regal of yours is pretty amazing.

nullref said:
... The quilt on that Regal of yours is pretty amazing.

I agree. That is absolutely stunning. Wow.
Then again ... those Mary Kaye finished guitars ... yummy ...
And that rockin' bass ... yeah ...

Hmm, this is shaping up to be the most difficult month to decide which guitar/bass will win, I think.

Freakshow, that bridge is seriously cool. Must feel so accomplishing to be able to do something like that and then play it.

One of those guitars has seriously influenced what I want my first build to be...I really need a job.

This idea would be one seriously un-metal Metal guitar...

Back