May 2017 Guitar of the Month Contest Submissions

GOM

We are now announcing the May, 2017 Guitar of the Month contest!  May's contest will be "Warmoth/professionally finished" and requires at least a Warmoth neck or body to qualify.

Please read the GOM rules, which have been refined, with some slight changes, and are posted in a sticky in this forum area.

Submissions must be sent, to uwfgom@gmail.com, and contain two images no greater than 1024x768, along with your description and details of the instrument.  Send your submission in plain text email.  Your photos must be attachments to the email.  Your unOfficialWarmoth Forum user name must be included in the body of the email.

In turn, your images will added to this message, which is May's submission thread.

Submissions will be accepted until exactly 7 days from the date and time of this post, so get your cameras clicking!

As usual, discussion about the submissions can take place below.

Please do not post additional photos in any replies to this thread.  Links to other UW threads or external sites are fine. Links will not be included in the entry descriptions.

Please try to stick to the entry requirements:
1024x768 pixel images maximum as attachments please, not embedded in the email or linked to external sites.

Include your UnOfficialWarmoth Forum user name.

Warmoth or other professionally finished instruments only this month.

Sorry, but entries that do not meet these requirements may not be included in the contest. If you're having technical difficulties, get in touch!  (But only about contest entries please!)

Good luck, and may the best guitar/bass win!

Guitar #1 Dirty Dave

Warmoth 54 Style P-Bass body with black satin finish
Warmoth Telecaster style neck with satin black finish and white pearl inlays
White Pearl pickguard
Black hardware includes Badass II bridge and Schaller tuning machines.
Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder pickup.

4lUMOgs.jpg

jzVpWQc.jpg

Guitar #2 nullref

Warmoth Swamp Ash Body in Mary Kaye (Finished by Tonar8353)
Musikraft Premium 4A Birdseye Maple Neck in Clear Nitro
10/56 Profile, 6105 Nickel Frets, Bone nut
Klein 1956 Epic Series pickups

4WjgSEn.jpg

rmHD2FK.jpg

Guitar #3 freakshow__

BODY:
Swamp ash Warmoth Tele body finished in Mary Kay White
Paisley bakelite pickguard carvings are filled with silver paint
Copper plated pickguard/control screws
Bare Knuckle Pile Driver bridge pickup
GFS Fatbody neck pickup
Fender 4-way switching, push-pull knob to reverse leads on the bridge pickup
Custom machined solid 6/4 Titanium bridge (I'm a machinist)
Custom machined aluminum (bass side) bridge saddle
Custom machined brass (middle and treble side) bridge saddles

NECK:
Warmoth Tele. neck w/standard thin contour
Ziricote neck wood
Kingwood fingerboard
Abalone dots
Grover tuning machines

jJpsGoI.jpg

Z6uSXLB.jpg

Guitar #4 Mad Hatter

Warmoth LP body, mahogany with unique choice quilt maple top and black binding.  Tigers Eye top and transparent brown back.  Gibson Dirty Fingers bridge pickup and Seymour Duncan '59 model SH-1N at the neck.  CTS pots with full copper shielding on all cavities.  One volume and one tone, with coil splitting.  Wilkinson bridge.  Custom engraved neck plate and truss cover, contoured heel.

Warmoth pro angled neck, 25.5 scale. Wolfgang profile mahogany with ebony fingerboard, and SS6150 frets. Pearloid oval inlays, graph tech 1 11/16 nut, satin nitro finish, 10"-16" compound radius.  Planet waves auto trim locking tuners.

uDZWJIt.jpg

Zb2pICR.jpg

Guitar #5 Alyda

Warmoth one piece mahogany Strat body with satin transparent green finish

Warmoth roasted maple neck with rosewood fingerboard

Carbon fiber pickguard from Iron Age Guitar Accessories

Tortois knobs from Q-Parts

Dirty blackface pickups from Lollar

kxZssBQ.jpg

qDNIgPy.jpg

Guitar #6 exaN

Alder on alder Warmoth Soloist body
Black to clear satin finish (black back), ivoroid binding
Standard thin, dark indian rosewood on roaster maple (no finish)
Graph Tech, compound radius, S6150 frets, locking tuners, lume side dots

UTtMw0O.jpg

npVZCMr.jpg

Guitar #7 hchoe741

The "Jademaster"

Warmoth jazzmaster body (swamp ash) finished in shamrock green/Warmoth modern reverse tele neck (roasted maple) with rosewood fretboard, 6100 ss frets, cream face dots, moon glow side dots, 1-3/4 nut width, straight 16" radius/Warmoth cream pickguard/Hipshot bridge and locking tuners/Dunlop straploks/Dimarzio pickups (paf master in neck/paf 36th anniv in bridge) with open covers wired Petrucci style (neck/both pickups split/bridge) with a master volume control and a 2 way slide switch in place of a tone control/custom vinyl decal on headstock designed by myself.

XyFsF5y.jpg

DznpMSY.jpg

Guitar #8 Fat Pete

Wilkinson Barracuda

Warmoth alder soloist body, 3lb 9oz, metallic dragon burst finish (showcase item)
Bare Knuckles Black Hawk and DiMarzio Fast Track pickups. Graph Tech Ghost piezo saddles
3-way toggle and volume for magnetic pickups, volume for piezos
Wilkinson tremolo (decked)
Duesenberg knobs
Schaller strap lock buttons
DangerousR6 neck plate

Warmoth roasted maple/roasted maple baritone Strat neck, standard thin, 6150 frets, black mother of pearl dots, black side dots, Graph Tech black Tusq nut, headstock reshaped to my own design.
Hipshot enclosed GripLock staggered locking tuners with mounting plates (no screws).

Back-printed acrylic scratchplate, headstock plate and tremolo cover made to my designs by Tim at www.originalscratchplates.com

dhyulYk.jpg

qJqFtAb.jpg

New member Dirty Dave kicks off this month's contest in style! Good luck!

Very cool! The combination of the vintage model and the modern black looks is something you don't see every day. In fact, this is something I've never seen before. I like it.

Great looking thunder-broom, Dirty Dave!  Glad to see you made the migration over from Facebook!

"Warmoth Telecaster style neck with satin black finish" - so I'm guessing just an ebony board. Still looks awesome though, I've been waiting for somebody to try the new satin finish on a neck - certainly looks like it's worked out well, how does it feel?

Fat Pete said:
"Warmoth Telecaster style neck with satin black finish" - so I'm guessing just an ebony board. Still looks awesome though, I've been waiting for somebody to try the new satin finish on a neck - certainly looks like it's worked out well, how does it feel?

Dirty Dave - you can earn my vote right now if you answer "satiny".

Also, as the guy who gets to do the GOM award banner every month, I would also like to point out that my heart smiles every time I see a submission with a perfect "straight on" picture that would be super easy for me to cut out.

You see the one above that Dirty Dave included? It's like he's planning on winning.

That's how it's done, people!

@Fat Pete, I missed that so probably just an ebony board.

Come on folks enter some more guitars.

stratamania said:

Yeah, c'mon people, Dirty Dave may have thrown down a big satiny black gauntlet, but don't be scared, get your axes entered and give him something to beat!
:laughing7:

double A said:
Fat Pete said:

Dirty Dave - you can earn my vote right now if you answer "satiny".

Satiny  :headbang: LOL

double A said:
Also, as the guy who gets to do the GOM award banner every month, I would also like to point out that my heart smiles every time I see a submission with a perfect "straight on" picture that would be super easy for me to cut out.

You see the one above that Dirty Dave included? It's like he's planning on winning.

That's how it's done, people!

Ha ha!!  I can assure you that, being new to this forum, it is just a coincidence...but I do plan on winning LOL!! (j/k)  :headbang4:

GOM said:
stratamania said:

Yeah, c'mon people, Dirty Dave may have thrown down a big satiny black gauntlet, but don't be scared, get your axes entered and give him something to beat!
:laughing7:

I'm planning on taking up the challenge - I don't mind being cannon-fodder, just need to put the guitar together in time without screwing anything up. Hopefully some other forum members will save me from being the also-ran in a two horse race!

Back