May 2013 Guitar of the Month Contest Entries

=CB= said:
Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
=CB= said:
I dont get to post much, but holy crap... I can't decide.  Might as well throw a dart and see which it hits.... I cannot remember a month like this... too many fantastic entries.

I leaning towards... oh that would be telling....

Too bad we don't runner up recognition

Not true.  The December GOM is made up of runners up and it won Guitar of the Year in 2011.

No..... the December GotM is for past runners up, but we don't give 'em monthly recognition.... no "honorable mention".  I suppose thats good though...  that way they keep on gettin' entered.

entering the same guitar more than once? That doesn't seem like a true win if you end up winning. I entered my baritone to share, not to win...I wont enter it again, I just wanted to share with other builders a unique version of a bari...in fact I am fairly well known on a very large music forum (some of you might know it). I am the mod of the diy sub forum there (I build a lot, including pedals and my pride a 12/11 hammered dulcimer and plenty more), however I refused to post the voting link there and only brought it up after the voting ended because if I wanted to win I could lobby for votes there and elsewhere and now it seems I could lobby even more, get this forum a lot of one time members...but that isn't winning nor is this about winning...I win every time I pick it up  :headbang:

Dont get me wrong, I am honored to have shared my ax in this month's contest and there were plenty of entries I feel blew mine away...but I wont enter it again hoping it wins...it's already a winner.

BTW this is not my only Warmoth, I have a hardtail strat I built about 15 years ago. Kind of a funny story, I bought the neck, the body, the pups (three  no name single coils), the machine heads, bridge and pickgaurd off of a guy in parts when I worked in retail. Though later I worked in larger stores this was a 4 store chain in New England, I paid under 100 bux for all of it. My boss hit the roof, he chewed me out every which way but loose but I said fear not, I'll build it and it will sell. He said if it didn't I owed him what I paid for it. Well I built it, it went through all 4 stores but never sold (the 400 dollar price tag the boss put on it didn't help) and then yup, I bought it. Since it's had just an EMG 81 and an EMG 89 I put in it after I bought it, it had an EMG PA-2 pre-amp for years, then my first Artec QDD2 pre-amp, but now it has an Alembic stratoblaster pre-amp clone I buillt in it.

This guitar has a waxed finish only, it has fallen, been dinged, been scratched, had tons of my DNA washed off of it...been through it all and it shows...still never once had to adjust the neck and it still plays like a dream, I guess I got my money's worth...I would enter it here but it would just make you all laugh (until you heard it)...I'll wait for my next build to enter again.

Thanx all, best wishes, happy building, happy playing and keep up all the great work :)

Back