Max goes to Woodstock (Another Strat in Progress )

Thanks MikeW.

I am glad to see it getting finished too. For at least the last three years I was trying to get to the neck adjustments and refinish but due to work travel I kept missing the warmer weather.

Yes I think the blend pot is quite practical so far.

I am not very set up for recording at the moment but I will see what I can do. Perhaps a video capture with the camera mic might be possible.

stratamania said:
I am not very set up for recording at the moment but I will see what I can do. Perhaps a video capture with the camera mic might be possible.

Looking forward to it!

Here is the final step.

Fitting the string tree. Normally I try not to use them but in this case with the vintage tuners and the reverse headstock the low E and A needed one.

As this is a tribute I know it is not in the exact same position as Jimi's woodstock strat. It is placed here for break angle.

buildfinal (1) by stratamania, on Flickr

buildfinal (2) by stratamania, on Flickr

buildfinal (3) by stratamania, on Flickr

Finally I had thought about using a backplate but as it was for a vintage spaced bridge and the Callaham has narrow spacing the holes did not quite line up so I have skipped having a back plate.

Thanks to everyone who has followed along with the build which is now done.

Gallery complete photos here.

Last edited:
Love the blonde neck colour, love the white on white aesthetic, love the mirrored decal.

I even love the subtle finish checking on the headstock, totally goes with the lightly (legit) reliced body.

I just love white on white guitars, really probably my favourite colour choice, which is odd, as I've had plenty of guitars and never bought one.

Perhaps I'm saving that gratification for later down the line.

Man, that came out sooo good! I love everything about it. From the color choice to the reverse logo on the headstock. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Back