Laminate Top Mahogany
Core Wood Mahogany
Top/Rear Rout Top Rout
Neck Pickup Humbucker (Neck)
Bridge Pickup Tele (Bridge)
Bridge, Fixed Tele Bridge
Output Jack 7/8" Side
Finish Tobacco Burst

It will have the goncalo strat neck I just got in.

Waiting for the pickups and hardware now!

-erik

Very nice. I'm jealous... and I just put together a walnut/rosewood thinline last month. I can't get enough thinlines!

Showcase, right? I've noticed that one many times. Glad it's going to a forum member. Fine example of the tobacco burst.... pickups pickups pickups???

I love the tobacco burst.  It looks really nice on mahogany and black korina.  Nice piece!

Thanks for the thumbs up everyone    :rock-on:

nathana said:
Showcase, right? I've noticed that one many times. Glad it's going to a forum member. Fine example of the tobacco burst.... pickups pickups pickups???

Yup, showcase... I just had to get it. It had a standard pickup rout but I had them put a humbucker in the neck (and on the pickguard of course).

Pickups: Neck: Rio Grande Vintage Tallboy Twangbucker for Tele Neck/White Pearl; Bridge: Rio Grande Vintage Tallboy for Tele Bridge/White Pearl.

Hardware I'm considering either black or mixing black and gold elements. Pearl tops on the knobs to match the pickups and the inlays.

-erik

My next build is going to be a Thinline. That mahogany looks fantastic. I decided on Swamp Ash for mine.

Hi, first post here.

I had been looking at that thinline on the showcase for a long time. As I recall, there were 2, and the one you got has the nicer back.

Congrats. I wish I had pulled the trigger on it. I hesitated because they had it listed at 4.5 lbs. Is that correct or was that a typo? Seems pretty heavy for a thinline?

FrenchFry said:
Hi, first post here.

I had been looking at that thinline on the showcase for a long time. As I recall, there were 2, and the one you got has the nicer back.

Congrats. I wish I had pulled the trigger on it. I hesitated because they had it listed at 4.5 lbs. Is that correct or was that a typo? Seems pretty heavy for a thinline?
Welcome to the Board!

4.5lbs is about Strat body weight, so its a little heavier than the norm. 

Back