Mahogany/Meranti Narrow 5

Wyliee

2876842323_f84464157c.jpg

2876842309_0e6a4f38d4.jpg

2876842291_5440cb2aa4.jpg

Mahogany with meranti top (I think that is what it was.  Looks like figured bubinga to me.)  Maple/ebony neck.

Seymour Duncan MusicMan 5 with an Aguilar OBP-1 preamp.  3-way switch for parallel/serial/single coil operation.  Big ol' Kahler bridge.

The sustain and punch on this bass are amazing.  Definitely a serious funk machine.

That top wood is gorgeous, whatever it is.  Nice one Eric! 

NonsenseTele said:
Very nice!! How the extra part of the neck (after fingerboard) is black? matching veneer?

Yes, a thin ebony veneer.  Time consuming to bend it to match the contour.

Micahbell said:
Very nice looking.
How does it play? A narrow 5 seems like it would be awkward to me.

It plays fantastic.  Think of it as a slightly narrower Stingray 5.

NonsenseTele said:
Avaiable custom option or you just put your hands on? :laughing7:

Custom option depending on wood type.  Some woods are too brittle and can break.

Wyliee said:
Custom option depending on wood type.  Some woods are too brittle and can break.

Each time a Warmoth's employer shows his private W guitar we discover a new feature holded under 7 keys  :laughing3:

NonsenseTele said:
Wyliee said:

Each time a Warmoth's employer shows his private W guitar we discover a new feature holded under 7 keys  :laughing3:

It is so secret, I didn't even know about it until I saw one.  Remember, there are times the shop experiments with new ideas and you'll see those on the Showcase.  I bought the body and neck right off the Showcase.  Nothing custom built for me.

"All merantis have axial resin ducts aligned in long, continuous, tangential lines as seen on the end surface of the wood. These ducts sometimes contain white deposits that are visible to the naked eye but the wood is not resinous like some keruing (Dipterocarpus) species that resemble meranti."

http://hobbithouseinc.com/personal/woodpics/meranti.htm

I am gonna hold out for the (Dipterocarpus) KERUNG! myseff. :headbang: I sure wish someone would lose a bale of money in my yard cause I sure do need a Gecko.

Looks beautiful :icon_thumright:

I like the inlay, I hope it will be an option for guitars soon.

Back