Mahogany JB Strat

kykah

Hi everyone!

Just finished the first strat. Inspired by Jeff Beck, meant to sound close to Les Paul:

Neck: pro 10"-16", maple/indian rosewood, 59 contour, LSR, Sperzel tuners, GraphTech retainers
Body: maple on mahogany, chambered
Pups: Fender Hot Noiseless
Bridge: Hipshot tremolo
Electronics: RS GuitarWorks Modern Strat Kit

Hate to say it.. but I don't think that's going to sound like a Paul.

That being said, it looks awesome, and I bet it sounds great too (Sound clips not working for me)

Looks and sounds sweet!  Your song is really good too  :guitarplayer2:

Just in case anyone is wondering - the clip is a cover of Jeff Beck's Blast From The East

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk42NryqcKI

Could hear the clip now! I like it! But I would say, stay a little away from this tremolo, try to find your own way...

Thanks evreybody!

NonsenseTele:

I know, I overdone with a tremolo a bit - still working on this tune. Those non-pleasing sounds are from palm vibrato I'm not really good at. But it's first try, I'm not gonna give up)) Thanks for listening.

It does not sound like LP, neigher like Strat. I still do not understand how it sounds... I even don't understand do I like it or not. That's why I posted a clip. I feel like those pickups are not that good for a mahogany but not really sure. I feel like they are a bit dark and not very responsive for a middle and neck. On the clip the first theme and background rhythm are on the bridge and  second theme on the neck pickup. Any suggestions are very very welcome.

great looking axe.  Can't hear enough on my PC speakers to figure out what it sounds like but good looker  :glasses9:

Seymour Duncan makes strat-sized pickups. You could grab a couple of those and get more LP-ish. Guitar looks great and I bet it sounds amazing, LPish or not. The clip isn't working for me. Nice job dude.  :headbang:

Back