Luis' LPS

edwing206

Hey guys and gals. I just wanted to show you my first Warmoth. It's got a flat quilt maple top with mahogany back, and the neck is rosewood on mahogany.
I will get into the details later today, but for now here are some pics. Tell me what you think.

These should work,

IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_0568-1.jpg

IMG_0569.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

Ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!  Nice!  Did you do the finish yourself?  I like the green!  And zebras!!!

Dude that's a sweet Lps!!! nice job!! What pickups are those?

Thank you all for the compliments!!!
Yes, I dyed the guitar myself.  :icon_biggrin: My friend from school did the clear coat, I helped him.  :icon_biggrin:
As for the pickups they're just the Golden Age humbucks from Stewmac. Later on down the road I am going to install some zebra Santana II's or III's. Just need some money. Being 17 and having just a weekend job doesn't help much.....  :laughing11:

Man, there's been an explosion of sweet LPS' lately, and yours is no exception!  Very nice, almost looks like camoflage.  :icon_thumright:

That finish is INCREDIBLE!  Awesome curl in your maple!!!  Excellent job!  How does it play and sound?

Very nice indeed...I really like green guitars!  DI you use poly or nitro for the clear???
What did you do for binding?  Anything?  It is hard to tell from this angle.
Post some progress pics if you have them!!!

that was cool! scrolling down I didn't know what to expect and the outcome is really great! Love the green - and the zebra's look great with it.  :icon_thumright:

kboman said:
My initial reaction to the dye-job was an out loud "whoa!" - it's beautiful!

+1, I said whoa out loud too.  :kewlpics: :kewlpics: :kewlpics:

Thank you so much everyone for the kind words. It really makes me feel good, lots of hard work and late nights went into building this guitar. (I had to do it in a week)
For the dye I used the concentrate from Stewmac. I added 4 cups of water (half of what it says on the bottle) so the pattern would have a nice deep color, then I sanded down the whole front until I could see wood color between the waves. Then I added another coat of the dye, this time with 4 more cups of water. I also did the exact same to the headstock. I'm not really sure what the clearcoat consisted of, my friend had it in the spray gun before I arrived to the garage. I did a clean line for the sides.
It plays really nice, I love the feel. it's A LOT better than my old Squire for sure, lol.

I kinda think its a shame that the neck is mahogany... wenge would've been so much cooler, but that body... man, you've got a gorgeous body lying there man! ;)

ok, ok. lets cut the crap; great figuring, GREAT color, and the hardware matches great. overall, great build. could you wish for a nicer first warmoth?! I couldn't...

Orpheo said:
I kinda think its a shame that the neck is mahogany... wenge would've been so much cooler, but that body... man, you've got a gorgeous body lying there man! ;)

ok, ok. lets cut the crap; great figuring, GREAT color, and the hardware matches great. overall, great build. could you wish for a nicer first warmoth?! I couldn't...

What do you mean by the neck being cooler with wenge? Looks or sound?
Thanks

Back