Luis' LPS

edwing206 said:
Orpheo said:
I kinda think its a shame that the neck is mahogany... wenge would've been so much cooler, but that body... man, you've got a gorgeous body lying there man! ;)

ok, ok. lets cut the crap; great figuring, GREAT color, and the hardware matches great. overall, great build. could you wish for a nicer first warmoth?! I couldn't...

What do you mean by the neck being cooler with wenge? Looks or sound?
Thanks

feel! wenge feels soo much nicer than mahogany. and the sound. wenge sounds so much richer, deeper.

Orpheo said:
edwing206 said:
Orpheo said:
I kinda think its a shame that the neck is mahogany... wenge would've been so much cooler, but that body... man, you've got a gorgeous body lying there man! ;)

ok, ok. lets cut the crap; great figuring, GREAT color, and the hardware matches great. overall, great build. could you wish for a nicer first warmoth?! I couldn't...

Thanks

feel! wenge feels soo much nicer than mahogany. and the sound. wenge sounds so much richer, deeper.
Like comparing mudcake to just plain old chocolate cake really................. :laughing7:

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
Orpheo said:
edwing206 said:
Orpheo said:

Thanks

Like comparing mudcake to just plain old chocolate cake really................. :laughing7:

sorry, doesnt ring a bell. for me its like having a maserati or a fiat 500.

better: AC Cobra vs. ford scorpio ;)

Holy shnikes....is that really the same guitar as the unfinished on in the first pic?  That looks freaking great man...definite props... :eek:ccasion14:

I'm pretty sure that if wenge was superior tonally, the guitarists who (still) depend on sounding their best - not the rock stars, but the studio guys - would all be playing on exotic neck woods. Instead, they bring a Strat, a Les Paul, a Tele, and an archtop, because that's how you make the sounds that sound like what most people think of as "great." If I plugged a wenge guitar into my amp and turned the treble up to "10" and the bass to "0" it would sound thin - if I plugged in a mahogany-neck guitar with the bass at "10" and the treble at "0" it would sound thick. If your amp won't compensate for all the variation between pickups and woods you need a better amp. As most people do, which is why every interview I've read with tone hounds emphasize the importance of great amps with a lot of control over tone. A $99 Line6 is not going to sound like a '68 Marshall, even if the knob on the Line6 says "68 Marshall"....

stubhead said:
A $99 Line6 is not going to sound like a '68 Marshall, even if the knob on the Line6 says "68 Marshall"....

Crap...

It's a button that puts on the Marshal setting :p

And I'm working towards the new amp.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. And yes, it is the same guitar from the first pics.  :icon_biggrin:
Any ideas on finishing the neck? I don't like clear coat on my guitar necks, feels to sticky for my liking. I like what the Strats have on them.
Also, I will try to post pictures of the building process, photobucket is real slow sometimes.

Really nice build.  I like the mahogany neck.  I'm really impressed with that finish...you said you're 17, right?  Strong work.  :icon_thumright:

DocNrock said:
Really nice build.  I like the mahogany neck.  I'm really impressed with that finish...you said you're 17, right?  Strong work.   :icon_thumright:

+1
Kick ass entrance to the guitar finishing word

Thanks a lot for the kind words guys. Yes I'm 17, it's nice having heated spray booths at school.  :icon_biggrin:

edwing206 said:
it's nice having heated spray booths at school.  :icon_biggrin:

Bastard...I was spraying in a make-shift paint booth in 40 degree philly weather using a space-heater and just "waiting" for the explosion!!!

Thanks, the body is solid, I love the sound nonetheless.
dmraco said:
edwing206 said:
it's nice having heated spray booths at school.  :icon_biggrin:

Bastard...I was spraying in a make-shift paint booth in 40 degree philly weather using a space-heater and just "waiting" for the explosion!!!

Hahaha, yeah, it's nice. Just makes you love your finished guitar even more.  :guitaristgif:
It's the size of a 2 car garage but about 3 times taller. It's funny though, most of the floor and walls are covered in bright orange paint because some idiot kid painted his truck in there last year. lol

Very cool guitar!!!

From what I see around here, green and blue dyes are the only ones that work with a natural mahogany back, al least to me.

Impressive job for your age (even the design, those zebras are classy!!)

B.W.O.T.W. said:
Very cool guitar!!!

From what I see around here, green and blue dyes are the only ones that work with a natural mahogany back, al least to me.

Impressive job for your age (even the design, those zebras are classy!!)

Thanks a lot! Man, it's a LONG time since I've been here. Feels good to be back and checking things out again.

Great work!  Makes me want to try a greeny.  Thanks for posting

I love guitars where even the paint job is loud. Its making me itch for my lava pearl body that Sims is working on.

Back