Looking for pics of transparent purple on roasted swamp ash body

Can't help you with purple but this is how trans red comes out on RSA. It would have to change the purple similarly. I'd think it would be quite nice.

EgZfmxN.jpg

Rgand said:
Can't help you with purple but this is how trans red comes out on RSA. It would have to change the purple similarly. I would think it would be quite nice.

Yep, I'm in love with that trans red on roasted also! Nice looking guitar you've got there.

Right now I have a trans purple on regular swamp ash and it's lovely but for another project I'm looking for a darker purple, less "grape" than the purple on un-roasted. I'm wondering if the trans purple would look muddy or not purpley on the roasted.

CatchTheBreeze said:
Rgand said:
Can't help you with purple but this is how trans red comes out on RSA. It would have to change the purple similarly. I would think it would be quite nice.

Yep, I'm in love with that trans red on roasted also! Nice looking guitar you've got there.

Right now I have a trans purple on regular swamp ash and it's lovely but for another project I'm looking for a darker purple, less "grape" than the purple on un-roasted. I'm wondering if the trans purple would look muddy or not purpley on the roasted.
Thanks. That's a judgement call. I don't know of anyone who has done it yet, but that would only include the forum members here. Maybe email Warmoth and see if they have done one and maybe grabbed a photo of it.

Hendrix said:
I think it will come out like the muddy mix here , depending on how red is the purple , more blue will made more muddy.

That's really interesting, thanks for posting that.

These are screenshots from WM's custom body build tool, roasted on the left, non-roasted on the right. I know these are just graphic representations but I wonder how accurate they are.

Attachments

• Purples.jpg
    Purples.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 764
As Rgand suggested, I've sent a email to WM. Will update this thread if I learn anything.

This is the stock image from the custom body builder, it's the same image whether I choose roasted or un-roasted. I suspect it's an un-roasted body pictured here.

Attachments

• TransparentPurple-StockImage.jpg
    TransparentPurple-StockImage.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 372
Here's Trans Purple on Mahogany. Not sure how it would turn out on Roasted Ash. It might be similar, or it might be darker.

Attachments

• TransPurple-Mahogany.jpg
    TransPurple-Mahogany.jpg
    472.4 KB · Views: 692
CatchTheBreeze said:
Wolff05 said:
Here's Trans Purple on Mahogany. Not sure how it would turn out on Roasted Ash. It might be similar, or it might be darker.

Oooh, that's lovely.
This is a very nice color. The builder is not accurate for color. I ran through the builder and did trans red on RSA and it didn't look anything like the real deal. It was much lighter and more orange.

It's nice they got back to you quickly. At least you can move forward one way or the other.

Rgand said:
It's nice they got back to you quickly. At least you can move forward one way or the other.

Yep, I'm new to Warmoth but am very impressed so far. I've got multiple builds in the works.

CatchTheBreeze said:
Rgand said:

Yep, I'm new to Warmoth but am very impressed so far. I've got multiple builds in the works.
When you get a chance, post some pictures of your projects. We're all photo junkies here. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts. Welcome to the forum.

Back