Little video on my traditional Tele build

Frank67

Hi fellow Warmoth enthusiasts,

I wanted to share with you a little video that I made on my tele build. This one is supposed to be a really "old school" tele with just a few modern improvements. Most noticeable the compound radius - I just don't get along with Fender radii.

The guitar came out just the way I wanted and I love it. It is my fourth Warmoth ... and won't be the last.

Cheers to all of you,
Frank 

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21t4qa0_GQY[/youtube]

Good video. Pleasant soundtrack and concise build information. Nice job on the guitar, too.

Thanks for the friendly comments everybody!  :yourock:

I did not grain fill the body. I did sand it carefully with finer and finer sandpaper until it felt really smooth to me and then I went for the oil. I really wanted the guitar the feel like wood. I had all my other Warmoth guitars finished by Warmoth and I think they do an outstanding job with it. This one feels really nice to the touch.

I wanted a real non-nonsense Tele (from previous experience I learned that all my little tries to improve on the classic models weren't all that successful and here I wanted just a Tele-Tele. I looked around for quite a while at all the Fender offerings but I could not find one that I really wanted. The vintage reissues had a fretboard radius that I did not like, the Baja tele had a finish that I did not like etc etc. Hence, after much deliberation and discussion over at the JazzGuitar forum I decided to go the Warmoth route - once more, I couldn't be any happier with it.

Ok, if you do another one a technique some use consists of sanding with the oil in order to help fill the grain.  The important thing, of course, is you have a guitar that is what you want...

Rock or jazz on...

Ah, thanks for that tip! I wasn't aware of this. I am not a skilled wood worker (or skilled at all for that matter). If I do another one that starts with an unfinished body I will take that into account and research it before I start.

Here you go, the process explained in detail. This is using Tru-oil.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZOoCGZMQc
[/youtube]

Back