Lets name this bridge already!

scartozi

Some of you may have seen my "aluminum acoustic looking strat bridge" post under "Hardware" section. So for those familiar with the concept I need your help. I want to give it an official name but coming up with nothing :dontknow:

I figure "aluminum acoustic looking strat bridge" may be a little long for a name. Since the bridge will eventually be made out of different materials I don't really want to use "aluminum" in the name. Maybe I'll offer the person with the best suggestion 50% off one of the "New Name bridges"  :icon_thumright:

Any thoughts? :icon_scratch:

Since it's most likely going to be a purely aftermarket DIY-type item, you have to get "Pro" in there somewhere to appeal to builder's egos. And while mine isn't permanently mounted yet, I'm already anticipating it being a very comfortable bridge that the back of the palm will appreciate. So, what would be wrong with "Comfort Pro"? Or, perhaps "Contour Pro"? Those would be a general name - you'll need to add modifiers for different models, like "Hardtail", "Retrofit", "Acoustic", "Electric" and of course "Vintage". (hint: charge 50% more for the "Vintage" version, and don't bother relieving the holes, breaking the edges, polishing it up or anything.)

CallHimGeorge.jpg

I will love him, and pet him, and call him 'George'!

Every place I have seen that bridge it has been called
The Scartozi Bridge.
Changing it now might be confusing.

I agree, but that would be kinda like saying you have a "Gotoh" or "Schaller" bridge. Doesn't identify the bridge so much as the designer/source.

It does have a nice ring to it, though. And no matter what he decides to call it, I'm probably going to continue calling it the "Scartozi Bridge" <grin>

But, for those who come late to the party and aren't privy to its origins, it could be a Scartozi Contour Pro or a Scartozi Comfort Pro. He's right, though. Now's the time to name it, if ever, before there's too much inertia in the current identification and renaming it gets confusing itself.

Cagey said:
I agree, but that would be kinda like saying you have a "Gotoh" or "Schaller" bridge. Doesn't identify the bridge so much as the designer/source.

It does have a nice ring to it, though. And no matter what he decides to call it, I'm probably going to continue calling it the "Scartozi Bridge" <grin>

But, for those who come late to the party and aren't privy to its origins, it could be a Scartozi Contour Pro or a Scartozi Comfort Pro. He's right, though. Now's the time to name it, if ever, before there's too much inertia in the current identification and renaming it gets confusing itself.

This bridge is not so much about design specifics, but rather, the instantly identifiable aesthetic and general design.

People call Floyds Floyds, sometimes even in regards to bridges not made by Floyd Rose. Same thing with Strats and Teles. If it looks like a Strat, it's a Strat. If it sounds like an icepick, it's a Tele. (Teehee!)

In any case, my vote is for the Death by Super Turbo Deluxe Custom Scartozi bridge.

I don't get on here as much as I should so I wasn't aware of the "Scartozi Bridge" nickname.
- Scartozi Ergo Bridge
- Scartozi Bridge
- Scartozi Contour Pro
- Scartozi Super Comfy Bad A$$ Acoustic Lookin Strat Bridge
- Scartozi Pro Classic
- Scartozi SSB-1 Pro
- Death by Super Turbo Deluxe Custom Scartozi bridge Pro Contour thingy

Eventually we'll have enough to put a poll together

Phinox said:
How about Scartozi SSB1 (Scartozi Strat bridge 1)

I like that a lot, but it's not necessarily a Strat bridge. For instance, I'm putting one on a Tele and it not only fits perfect, Warmoth (and everybody who makes guitar bodies besides Gibson) already has a drill pattern for it programmed into their CNC machines. So, you can't nail it to a guitar design.

Besides, while SSB rolls off the tongue well, it's been done to death. See here.

We could call it a CCB1 - Comfort Contour Bridge, although that acronym is pretty widely used as well. See here.

We're just an acronym-crazy society. Nobody wants to waste their whole day saying entire words, fer crissakes! <grin>

Cagey said:
Phinox said:
How about Scartozi SSB1 (Scartozi Strat bridge 1)

I like that a lot, but it's not necessarily a Strat bridge. For instance, I'm putting one on a Tele and it not only fits perfect, Warmoth (and everybody who makes guitar bodies besides Gibson) already has a drill pattern for it programmed into their CNC machines. So, you can't nail it to a guitar design.

Besides, while SSB rolls off the tongue well, it's been done to death. See here.

We could call it a CCB1 - Comfort Contour Bridge, although that acronym is pretty widely used as well. See here.

We're just an acronym-crazy society. Nobody wants to waste their whole day saying entire words, fer crissakes! <grin>

"Scartozi's Sexy Bridge" ? I mean, it is pretty sexy. Curves that'll make yer mouth water.

I agree about labeling it as a Strat only bridge....which it isn't, it just happened the original was made for a strat so it stuck in my head. So I guess we look at it as if someone has no idea what it is.

So what is it?
ergonomics....palm friendly, which it does offer a comfy place to rest your palm
unique
boutique-ish
tone

Yeah, don't call it "Strat" anything.  Why limit the imagination? 

Scartozi PSB-1
(pure sex bridge)

-Mark

OK, so maybe the 1st time I heard of this bridge was here;
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=18921.msg278205;boardseen#new
Re: New Black Cherry Tele + Afra/Afra Pro Neck
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 12:08:17 pm »QuoteQuote from: Bagman67 on February 23, 2012, 11:18:33 am
Nice one Cagey.  I was wondering who would snag that black cherry bod - glad it was a forumite.
Speaking of forumites, this one is gonna be a real group grope. It's gonna have Dangerous Neckwear, a Scartozi bridge, one of Ken's Roadhouse pickups, and of course, my own tender ministrations for fretwork, wiring, assembly and setup. To hell with building tribute guitars inspired by famous people - this'll be a tribute to the members of the Unofficial Warmoth Forum. I only wish I could've gotten a Tonar finish as well. But, we'll see. If this metal flake doesn't grow on me, maybe that'll happen after all.

And then;
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=18936.0
New Scartozi Bridge in the House!
« on: February 25, 2012, 02:17:13 pm »Quote,Well, boys and girls, it's finally here: one of the first Scartozi bridges to make it into the wild...

Quote from: Cagey on Today at 04:50:06 pm
"I agree, but that would be kinda like saying you have a "Gotoh" or "Schaller" bridge. Doesn't identify the bridge so much as the designer/source."

Or Callahan?

After reading your OP about the bridge, it seems like you already have 2 bridges, a nice hardtail and a great trem to hardtail conversion. so who knows where you will end up.

I say market your name & let them see what designs you have to offer after they know that they want a Scartozi.

My nickle.

Yeah …. But scartozi is your forum name here and may-be elsewhere too.
So the 1st question here is …

:icon_scratch: Do you actually want that Forum name used in your product name ?
That's for you to determine 1st up !!

Anyway, you wanted idea's  :sign13:

Name for your products …….  AA's Pro Custom Bridges  :icon_thumright:

(remember anything with AA goes straight to the top of the alphabetical list  :icon_biggrin: )
Then on different packaging for the different styles for replacement Bridges.
Something like …

Example ….  Direct Replacement For
                  6 Hole Vintage Strat Tremolo

Example ….  Direct Replacement for
                  Vintage Strat Style Flat Mount

Etc Etc for different styles, plus other details, if it's anodised etc etc

My 2cents ….  :toothy11:

Also .. Do you actually need the 6 holes drilled out on the 6 hole vintage replacement one ?

I kind of think it would look good with 1 or the 2 holes at either end. (omit the middle 2)

Thanks so much @scartozi for sharing this with us all here.  :icon_thumright:
I personally hope this becomes a viable adventure for you.

Back