Let the Forum decide

Should Cletus go Black or Chrome Bigsby

• Black

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Chrome

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Tell Cletus he's an arse, but Black

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Tell Cletus he's an arse, chrome please.

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters
Jusatele said:
ES 335 Red is the shiznit, but it DEMANDS gold

I just can't dig gold hardware. The only one that I didn't mind I think was JacktheHacks. I like mine to look kinda spartan or evil.

I think the fact that you have to ask means that you want to go with black. If you didn't have to ask you'd have already gone with chrome.

NLD09 said:
I think the fact that you have to ask means that you want to go with black. If you didn't have to ask you'd have already gone with chrome.

exactly what I was just thinking.

NLD09 said:

My disguise has been unveiled! I just saw it and thought, that's different, I'm different, we were meant to be together!

current vote is 8/8/6/6

split right down the middle.  half chrome, half black,
~43% adding a comment about your similarities to a behind.

i say (almost always do) Chrome/Nickel!

AutoBat said:
current vote is 8/8/6/6

split right down the middle.  half chrome, half black,
~43% adding a comment about your similarities to a behind.

i say (almost always do) Chrome/Nickel!

You know it's funny. I like the black, but I also like the chrome and everyone who called me a dick must be wrong hahaha

My take is that you wouldn't even consider a Bigsby unless you have some kind of traditional draw.

Barring that, a black Bigsby is too pedestrian to be different for different's sake, get a Bigsby anodized pink!

I only voted chrome because I didn't want to throw up every time I saw the guitar. But hey, do what you lie...  :toothy12:

Street Avenger said:
'Nice guitar. I cannot understand why anyone in the 21st century would want a Bigsby vibrato bar.

Because floyds are ugly pieces of shit better suited to CC Deville wanna be's?

Alright, Poison-slurs aside,( :laughing3:) some guitars just NEED Bigsby's.
And when it comes to hardware, I'm either a Chrome/Nickel or Gold kinda guy, so I went with Chrome here.
It just seems to me you can only use black hardware (Valentina excepted) on all-black guitars, but that's just my aesthetic opinion.
I'd actually love to see a mockup before giving my final answer, who knows, you might surrprise us with something amazing.
Cheers,
Johnny

Street Avenger said:
'Nice guitar. I cannot understand why anyone in the 21st century would want a Bigsby vibrato bar.

If you ever figure it out, I'd sure like to know.

Cletus said:
Street Avenger said:

Because floyds are ugly pieces of shite better suited to CC Deville wanna be's?

I think that may be a little over the top, but I can't see buying into the Floyd aggravation/appearance/cost, either. It beats the hell out just about everything else out there, but the Wilkinson design is better.

Cagey said:
Cletus said:
Street Avenger said:

Because floyds are ugly pieces of shiteee better suited to CC Deville wanna be's?

I think that may be a little over the top, but I can't see buying into the Floyd aggravation/appearance/cost, either. It beats the hell out just about everything else out there, but the Wilkinson design is better.

Here's a question: can you ever see Chet Atkins using a Floyd Vibrato? How about I answer that :)

artist_atkins.jpg

Just seeing that pic, the black on the bigsby stands out nicely, I think I'm sold on the chrome. Best of both worlds.

Er Cletus, Chet Atkins was quite open to new inventions in his time. He helped to pioneer the Filtertrons for Gretsch and he did have a prototype Stereo Gretsch too. His signature models carried the Bigsby, which was a new invention at the time.

Plus in later years he did work with Gibson and helped to bring about a slim line acoustic-electric range for them. I got the impression from his career, that he was quite open to trying out new stuff. Musically he did transcend at least a couple of music genres, so he seems a guy quite preppared to go out ona limb a bit. But maybe not as 'crazy inventor' like, as Les Paul.

I would imagine (though I have no evidence) that Chet might well have given a Floyd a once over at a NAMM show -just to keep up with developments. Pure conjecture of course, unless Dangerous R6 has a photo of Chet shredding away on a  pointy headstock Jackson! :laughing7:

Cletus said:
Just seeing that pic, the black on the bigsby stands out nicely, I think I'm sold on the chrome. Best of both worlds.

Good choice I think!  :icon_thumright:

Cletus said:
Here's a question: can you ever see Chet Atkins using a Floyd Vibrato? How about I answer that :)

I'm not sure you're comparing apples to apples there. It would be like using Tiger Woods as an argument against using polo hammers, or Babe Ruth as an argument against using golf clubs.

Cagey said:
Cletus said:

I'm not sure you're comparing apples to apples there. It would be like using Tiger Woods as an argument against using polo hammers, or Babe Ruth as an argument against using golf clubs.

You Floyd people, like creationists you are! Another question- does a Floyd give you the same sound as a bigsby? (it's a rhetorical question).

Back