LEGENDARY THREAD!

Justinginn said:
Well gosh, guys. I didn't know how to do a pinch before Krieg came a long.  :icon_tongue:

Yeah that thread was pretty epic. Then again the crazy =CB= explanations every other topic were amazing. Miss those.

Yeah, but CB was actually RIGHT.

dbw said:
Haha, I forgot about Kreig completely.

kreig said:
I'm out of here,. . . just as soon as everyone reads my last post!

I'm sorry for trying to bring something to this forum. Like learning the guitar. and this is all on you dbw.

Was it something I said? :redflag:

I just read this thread, I'm glad you brought this out here DBW.. I was about to make a horrible mistake.

CAPN LUKE'S MASTER CLASS ON HOW TO EAT CHIPS!

I've been doing it for 20+ years now.. on a mastery level.

We're ready to learn from the master, Luke.  I have had trouble picking up the chips... do I use my thumb on the bottom of the chip, or my index finger?

I sent that Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You! thread to my friend and I showed it to my husband, and they got addicted to the original thread and the videos and read the entire thing, and they aren't even into guitars.  It was just bizarre enough that anyone would want to see how it ended, not to mention hilarious.

dbw said:
We're ready to learn from the master, Luke.  I have had trouble picking up the chips... do I use my thumb on the bottom of the chip, or my index finger?

You have to really choke up on the chip.. like a baseball bat..  with the thumb and index finger... and don't be scared to use a heavier chip.. some say you can't snack as fast, but some ancient shamans believe you can get that great EVH brown snacking with a heavy chip..  as long as you buy the right cloth for your amp, I mean napkin...

Ha, in the Rhythm in Jump thread, all references to "Devries" have been changed by the mods to Shamalama Ding Dong.

I just read the thread and followed the links to the other forum.  I didn't read all 34 pages, but the youtube videos were disabled.  My favorite part was that his "site" was a myspace and not a freestanding website.  In his pics, he had a Firebird body waiting on a neck that was a rock-maple body with walnut wings, to call them wings was optimistic.

The videos were awesome... they bought one of his guitars and stripped it down in a shop, and boy it was a mess.  Stripped and crooked screws, inlays falling out, shitety fretwork, etc etc.

My favorite part in the vids (besides when they found the infamous inscription on the trem bridge) was the fact that the guy bolted the neck on with 2 or 3 different types of screws, only 3 of which had washers.  Oh, and I loved the "case" the thing came in.  It was like they shoved pieces of old couch upholstery into a luan box with some card board.

Rhythm in Jump, Dancing with Dog Hair...

I didn't get to see the videos, but have spent (wasted) more than a few hours reading all the assorted posts about Devries custom 'guitars' . I did get to see the photos of the guitar. It's... unbelievable.

As a few people noted, it could be the most brilliant p*ss-take ever. Either that, or Shamalama Ding Dong is completely, insanely delusional.

Ah, hell, I was entertained!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Devries

He got deleted..

It did say,

Eric Devries
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Eric De Vries is an Australian manufacturer of guitars to the stars under the company name De Vries Custom Guitars. De Vries clientele include Lita Ford, Pete Wells from Rose Tattoo, members of Ugly Kid Joe and Guns n' Roses.
De Vries Guitars are known for their unique construction techniques which includes taking second hand or cheaply sourced parts in the manufacture of highly quality guitars with the unusual, yet highly useful feature of sliding frets enabling the guitarist to slide the frets off the guitar mid-song.
Eric himself is known as one of the most arrogant guitar luthiers in Australia, justifiably so with the astonishing quality of his guitars.

The "ed roman is god" thread  :icon_biggrin:

how about the most viewed thread? everytime I check the "who's online" page, I almost always see someone (a guest) watching the Dermals thread from JamesL. I guess it's a google search thing.. it is indeed the 3rd most watched thread in off topic.

the weird thing is, after the post your pics thread, the most watched thread is "Joe Cocker, deciphered at last" (with only 2 responses),...WTF? WHY????

so I was bored (and curious)  for a minute and checked the "views"
obviously the longest and most viewed thread is Doug's neckplate topic..
the most viewed guitar in the Gallery section is.......... Gary's Goldtop!!  closely followed by Gregg's 7/8 strat.

Marko said:
how about the most viewed thread? everytime I check the "who's online" page, I almost always see someone (a guest) watching the Dermals thread from JamesL. I guess it's a google search thing.. it is indeed the 3rd most watched thread in off topic.

I check who's online quite often, and yeah, that thread is always being viewed. :icon_scratch:

Back