Lefty LP

riverbluff

All,

Here are the pics of the LP that My son and I are building for him.

Specs are as follows:

Body is Mahogany back with maple top.  Neck is Maple with Indian Rosewood finger board.  6105 frets, Graphite nut and skull and bones inlays.

Putting EMG 81/85 pickups.

2609290098_ccdd327340_b.jpg

2609297326_283c06a225_b.jpg

Looks righteous, but here's some free advice that's worth every penny you paid for it...

NEVER show your address on the internet.

The black death machine! That thing will pummel ears into submission!  :headbang:

Is that hollow or solid? And what kind of hardware?

Great point about the address.  Edit C/W.

It is solid body weighing a hefty 8.0 lbs.  Good thing the son is young and strong!

That's awesome Bill, I love the neck.... :icon_thumright:  Too bad ya'll are doing the hardware in chrome and you allready have a neck plate for it, cause the first skull&bones i did would fit right in with that.....
2522676174_3da9a20d78.jpg

That neck plate is the bomb!  Not even gonna show my son the pic of that. 

Assemble went very well.  Some minor sanding needed on the neck pocket in order to get the neck to go in.  The guitar is off to my local guitar guru for final electronic installation ( suck at soldering as my theory is the bigger the glob...the better the job;  I am practicing but I don't wanna practice on my son's guitar) and final set up.

The neck was spot on out of the box.  No adjustment needed for the proper relief.  Over all, my son and I did a better job of assembling his LP then I did assembling mine.  Really no minor mistakes on his.  Can't wait to hear him wailing through my Marshall.

Cheers all  :eek:ccasion14:

riverbluff said:
That neck plate is the bomb!  Not even gonna show my son the pic of that. 

Assemble went very well.  Some minor sanding needed on the neck pocket in order to get the neck to go in.  The guitar is off to my local guitar guru for final electronic installation ( suck at soldering as my theory is the bigger the glob...the better the job;  I am practicing but I don't wanna practice on my son's guitar) and final set up.

The neck was spot on out of the box.  No adjustment needed for the proper relief.  Over all, my son and I did a better job of assembling his LP then I did assembling mine.  Really no minor mistakes on his.  Can't wait to hear him wailing through my Marshall.

Cheers all  :eek:ccasion14:
Hahahaha.....The key to soldering is to have an iron with enough wattage.. I bought a 90w iron and it's the sheeeite...

thats gonna look awesome.
reminds me of my dean

n517473612_25147_4993.jpg

The pickups are a lie though, they're passive, they just have that covering on them.

it's good to see another sinister (both meanings of the word) LP fan, and DangerousR6, where on earth did you find those neckplates?! I want one!

Hey Squish, GoDrex is correct I make them. I usually take peoples ideas and machine it into a plate.

His plates are nice, check out this thread for some examples of work hes done for the board members so far.

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=2754.0

Picked the LP up from getting the set up done.  Sounds great.  The maple nect and EMG pickups really give a very tight sound.  Almost makes me wish I was a lefty.  My son is really happy with it. 

Pics will be posted in the LP section soon.

Back