Latest Order (Prolly need to stop for a while)

vikingred

Body:

PS9718A.jpg

PS9718B.jpg

PS9718C.jpg

Model: Chambered Stratocaster®
Orientation: Right handed
F-Holes: None
Scale: 25-1/2"
Wood: Spalt Maple on Swamp Ash
Rout: Rear Rout
Pickup Rout: Humbucker (Neck), None (Middle), Humbucker (Brdg)
Controls: X-T-T-5 (Strat®)
Bridge: Wilkinson Tremolo (Gold)
Stud Install: Use inserts from bridge on order
Jack Rout: 3/4" (19mm) Side Jack Hole
Neck Pocket: Strat® Shape
Mounting Holes: Standard 4 Bolt
Contours: Contoured Heel / Tummy Cut / Forearm Contour
Binding: Black Binding
Top Finish: Vintage Tint Gloss
Back Finish: Vintage Tint Gloss

Neck:

VMS9637a.jpg

VMS9637b.jpg

Style: Stratocaster®
Construction: Vintage/Modern Construction
Orientation: Right Handed
Neck Wood: Canary (Solid)
Fingerboard Wood: Canary
Nut Width: 1-11/16"
Back Shape: Standard thin
Fret Size: GD6150 (Gold Color)
Tuner Ream: Schaller (25/64" 11/32")
Radius: 10-16" Compound
Scale: 25-1/2"
Fret #: 22
Mounting Holes: Standard 4 Bolt
Pre-Cut Installed String Nut: GraphTech Black TUSQ XL - Standard Nut
Inlays: Black Face Dots
Side Dots: Black Side Dots

Gonna burnish the piss outta the neck, Fender decal, leave fretboard raw (maybe small bit of snake oil conditioning)

Hardware:

Gotoh Wilkinson Tremolo VS100, Gold
Football Side Jack Plate, Gold (maybe black)
Schaller Mini Locking Tuner, Left Side, Gold
Schaller Strap Locks, Pair, Gold
Flat Top Knobs (Black) x 2 (master volume/master tone)

Humbuckers:

Probably EMGs, perhaps something else, like Bareknuckle Warpigs (black covers, gold screws)

Should be a fierce meatstick.  :guitarplayer2:

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHAPoWWW!

rapfohl09 said:
Damn dude, that looks awesome. I love spalted maple.

Yah, I'm hoping it will look good with the Canary neck.  Whole lotta wood grain going on there.  :laughing7:

I love spalted maple and that is a nice example.  Black binding is PERFECT.

And you went with the gold frets.  AWESOME.  My last canary neck had gold frets.  Looks fantastic and they are almost as hard as SS frets.  they will last forever minus 1 :laughing3:

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
Sir, you got yourself a condition.
We all know this addiction, and you're in safe company! :eek:ccasion14:

This I cannot deny.  'Tis a better addiction than the ones of my youth, fortunately.  Tone junky.  Wood fiend.  Guitaraholic.  Buildaholic. 

What about dem BAREKNUCKLE WARPIGS?!  Black cover, gold screws?

Beautiful body and neck. I agree with DMRACO that the binding really helps it a lot. This will be outstanding.

Let me get the romantic crap out of the way - that's a gorgeous hunk of wood, son!

Now onto business. Lol I'm in the same boat. Thinking about starting a support group or having Warmoth ban me from their website for a 6 month period.  :laughing7:

rgand said:
Beautiful body and neck. I agree with DMRACO that the binding really helps it a lot. This will be outstanding.

Agreed.  Overall, I'm going for an aesthetic of wood grain, black, and gold.

fdesalvo said:
Let me get the romantic crap out of the way - that's a gorgeous hunk of wood, son!

Now onto business. Lol I'm in the same boat. Thinking about starting a support group or having Warmoth ban me from their website for a 6 month period.  :laughing7:

1. We admitted we were powerless over warmoth.com and their goodies, and that our credit cards and wives have become unmanageable and we have GAS.

2. We came to believe that just PLAYING the guitars we have will restore us to sanity.

3. Made a decision to stay off the site and especially the showcase page for at least 1 month. (forums too, because they create GAS)

4. Made a searching a fearless inventory of the parts we have left over from previous builds to see if we need just a neck or something.....UGH. 

I can't do it.  :help:

Kublai said:
Very, very nice.

Thank you, Sir.  Looking forward to the build.  Just got a matched set of Bareknuckle Warpigs with black covers and gold bolts for pickups.  This thing is gonna be smokin' hot.

They shipped the canary neck!  It'll be here tomorrow.  USPS is so much faster than UPS.  Prolly be another couple weeks before I get that body though.  I'm gonna end up with 3 builds going at once.

Weekend burnishing and headstock decal prep project.  :laughing8:

Back