LabroMaster done see post in Misc. guits if you want

Ok, the neck settled in. It is playing very well! I have the action where I like and WILL NOT have to sand neck heel. No fret buzz at my preferred action, or even lower. I usually use 6100's and have a 25.5" scale version with nickel, and stainless ones. On this Gibson Conversion neck, I thought 6100's would crowd the fingerboard too much. So I ordered stainless 6115's (which I never had before) the pyramids frets. First off, I was incorrect there WAS enough real estate for 6100's. Secondly, the 6115 are totally playable, but with very, very limited time, are freaking me out with their pointiness!!I mean the crown pointiness, not the fret ends which are great!

:laughing7:

The neck is awesome!!!

index.php
I finally saw the Stratamania pic tutorial. Thank you Spock!

I have decided to tweak the finish to add more dimension.  :toothy10: Probably take a week or so.

index.php
Before I tear apart, wanted to see sample. Ya right on front, no guts no glory! Gotta sit on it and decide if I want to proceed or not.

Attachments

• First Pass.JPG
    First Pass.JPG
    378.2 KB · Views: 62
ragamuffin said:
Ooh, very cool!

Thank you. I felt for me it was a little too sullen before. Added some green and blue metallic. I am going to go for it and do the whole enchilada!

index.php
Changed ideas again.

Attachments

• Third idea.JPG
    Third idea.JPG
    374.2 KB · Views: 14
Ok, the neck settled in. It is playing very well! I have the action where I like and WILL NOT have to sand neck heel. No fret buzz at my preferred action, or even lower. I usually use 6100's and have a 25.5" scale version with nickel, and stainless ones. On this Gibson Conversion neck, I thought 6100's would crowd the fingerboard too much. So I ordered stainless 6115's (which I never had before) the pyramids frets. First off, I was incorrect there WAS enough real estate for 6100's. Secondly, the 6115 are totally playable, but with very, very limited time, are freaking me out with their pointiness!!I mean the crown pointiness, not the fret ends which are great!

:laughing7:

The neck is awesome!!!
Hey, I’m ordering a conversion neck and I’m really torn between 6115’s and 6100’s. I’ve never played the peaked 6115 frets so I don't know how they’ll feel. I was thinking it’ll give more articulation and suit the Gibson scale length neck. What do you think of the 6115’s as opposed to the 6100’s?

Hey, I’m ordering a conversion neck and I’m really torn between 6115’s and 6100’s. I’ve never played the peaked 6115 frets so I don't know how they’ll feel. I was thinking it’ll give more articulation and suit the Gibson scale length neck. What do you think of the 6115’s as opposed to the 6100’s?
First off whoa is that guitar a beauty!! I would say the 6115,s do sort of feel more precise due to the peak. However, I have since gotten conversion necks with 6100’s and been very happy. For better or worse, mostly worse I play the way I play no matter the fret size. I would go for the 6100’s they do not feel cramped on a 24.3/4 conversion neck at all.
The 6115’s feel kinda like a funky 6150.

First off whoa is that guitar a beauty!! I would say the 6115,s do sort of feel more precise due to the peak. However, I have since gotten conversion necks with 6100’s and been very happy. For better or worse, mostly worse I play the way I play no matter the fret size. I would go for the 6100’s they do not feel cramped on a 24.3/4 conversion neck at all.
The 6115’s feel kinda like a funky 6150.
Thanks for the info! I also like 6150’s so it’s a tough decision! Btw the purple jazzmaster is probably the best guitar I’ve played, she’s a beauty. I was fortunate enough to buy it from Reverb a couple months ago. My first Warmoth, and after experiencing it I just can’t see myself buying from any other company…

Back