L5S Custom

blue313

It's been a long road, but the payoff is sweet!  A big thanks to everyone for the design.  My G.A.S. for a semi-hollowbody has deflated.

Specifications:

Body:
Chambered L5S with dual F-holes
Black Korina (Limba) body
Indian Rosewood laminate top
Cream binding
Warmoth clear gloss finish

Neck:
Warmoth Pro® 24.75" conversion scale
Unfinished wenge back
Ebony fingerboard
'59 Roundback profile
6150 nickel/silver frets
Warmoth radius (10"-16")
Warmoth headstock
Pearloid block inlay
Cream binding

Electronics:
Lollar P-90® Soap Bar Style Pickups
CTS 500k Pots
.022µF Luxe caps (bumblebee style)
CRL 3-way switch
Switchcraft® jack

Other:
DR6 custom neck plate
Vintage bone nut (cow bone)
Planet Waves® Tuners
Vibramate® conversion plate
Bigsby® B5-USA tremolo
Gibson® reflector knobs
Schaller® Straplocks
Myrtlewood rear cavity covers by Phil at www.inventingshed.com.  (Nice work and turn time too)

The weather didn't cooperate today, it's gray and overcast.  Ill try to take some better ones.   As for now, here are some indoor pics.  I also didn't finish intonating the bridge. I'll do it later and it'll show in the next set of pics.

DSC00006-1.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00004.jpg
DSC00001.jpg

Now that's a guitar the whole board can be proud of.  I'm glad I participated in the making of it (even if it was only kicking in 20 bucks :laughing7: )

Looks great!!! Glad you won and let the board choose just about 100% of the guitar....you ended up with a really nice one that is for sure. Hope it meets all your expectations.

Max said:
Looks great! Now I need something similar :p
You ever bring the action down?
Yeah I did.  The other one sat a generous 1/8" higher.  The Stewmac bridge was definitely the ticket.

That is brilliant mate! Glad to see my votes put to use!  Beautiful build.  :eek:ccasion14:

Oh, fantastic! Congrats on that one. That is something unique and special. So, you'll be mailing it around to all the contributors to try out, right?  :evil4: :toothy12:

Whoa!  Now if I recall the rules correctly, the guy whose number came up builds it, and the guy who rolled the dice keeps it.  PM me for my address  :glasses10:

That is absolutely beautiful, Dan.  Congrats, and glad you went for the double f holes.  :laughing7:

would you send that to each of us who "Helped" so we can sign the headstock?

Seriously, that's exactly what I wish someone could have put together and raffle off, I would have ended up with an ordinary strat if It was my choice. I want one just like yours.

I had initially voted for chrome hardware, but now that I see it I'm so glad that you went with gold. Great job, Blue!!! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

You guys feeling the knobs?  I did buy gold domes as well, but I liked the look of these better.

That guitar is absolutely beautiful!  The rosewood top is spectacular and all the pieces fit in perfect harmony.

Congrats!

Back