Korina Strat

Guitarsan

So excited that I just ordered a Warmoth body for my second build - gonna use my Fender Eric Johnson Strat parts with this body. Hardware will be parchment, not white like this, but you get the idea.  :cool01:

Wonderfully resonant, quartersawn, vintage tinted Fender neck should pair well!

vGrM8gq.jpg

Nice grab!  I have an Eric Johnson loaded pickguard I got from The Stratosphere loaded in my Warmoth strat and I am a very happy camper.  Mine's the original parchment pickguard, but the cream-black combo will look a treat when complete.  I like how gold looks against the tobacco burst, but it looks like you're headed for nickel hardware - yes?  In any event - congratulations, and keep us updated!

15797715671_1e6a6a7386_c.jpg

Bagman67 said:
Nice grab!  I have an Eric Johnson loaded pickguard I got from The Stratosphere loaded in my Warmoth strat and I am a very happy camper.  Mine's the original parchment pickguard, but the cream-black combo will look a treat when complete.  I like how gold looks against the tobacco burst, but it looks like you're headed for nickel hardware - yes?  In any event - congratulations, and keep us updated!

Very nice! On the gold option... I did upgrade the tuners on my Eric Johnson Strat (Gotoh vintage staggered tuners which look like the originals, but don't have the sloppiness or binding) and the bridge (Super Vee Bladerunner tremolo - better tuning stability) all in chrome, so will keep those for this "build". They're "free" haha.

Basically, I'm replacing the body and pickguard, everything else stays the same. (Pickguard will be black/cream/black) Always wanted a korina body, and I sure like the looks of this one, I'm kinda picky.

Finally got the body and my pickguard, so progress!

Funny that this all started with an idea to finally shield my Eric Johnson Strat to quiet it, and then, well, if I take it apart, why not get a nicer body. Then one thing lead to another, and voila!

I have some exciting plans about using circuit board-based innards, blender pot, treble bleed, etc. Also going to shield the pickups themselves (the right way). Will start my build thread in a bit, but at the current pace and work and travel getting in the way, it'll be into summer before I finish.

u2s5o1C.jpg

Starting point:

kGlBNnq.jpg

That's beautiful. Sounds like you'll have fun putting this one together.

Back